Gearbox oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox oil

Helo, how can i check that theirs enughf oil in my gearbox, and if not how do i refil it? engine code is abc (the 2.6 v6) i think the gearbox is CDX (5 speed manual)

cheers

hi
    there is a filler plug next to drive flange (cant remember which side ) oil should be about 3mm below this. to get to filler plug you will need to remove dirt shield next to c v joint. gearbox takes 75w90

Comment

aaa, spot on, cheers, enybody by any chance got a picture of where abouts it is, (as you can tell i dont have a workshop manual yet, haha and im used to mk2 golfs and scoobys)

Comment

i think its on the passenger side of gearbox front of joint, you will need a flexi peice of pipe as youcant get the oil bottle to the filler. i know this as had to my gearbox a few months ago.

Comment

Passenger side, in front of the cv jouint, ok cool, il giv it a go, hope this cures my weird noise, im shure this is what it is.

Comment

if i was you i'd flush the box and refill rather than just top up the level.... chances are its never been changed and you will be amazed at the gunk that comes out.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Careful...

Take the filler plug out first...then the drain...NOT the other way round.

Sounds stupid but if the liffer plug is seized and you have just dumped the old oil...how you gonna fill it now...

Long piece of flexy tube down to the hole from the engine bay worked for me...if it's clear you can see the level as it just overflows.
              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

aaa great advice cheers, il flush it tonight then, thanks

Comment

Might want to check the quantity needed, just done this today on my A6q, 2.75 litres for me, if you can't get the car level then it's a bit of guess work becuase you can never get all the old oil out, i stopped filling once i had 2.5litres in becuase the car was tilted to the right and didn't want to over fill.

Comment

enybody know what weight gear oil G052 726 A2 was cuse weev got loads of it siting in work, just wonderd if i could save a few quid and use that.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X