034MS Gearbox mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 034MS Gearbox mounts

It was time to change the gearbox mounts, but I hit a little bump on the way:

OEM left, 034MS right:

overview, OEM left, 034MS right:

Is it just my old mounts that are compressed or are the 034MS ones bit higher?
    How does this affect the driveshaft and engine setting?

Anyone noticed similar?

Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

i couldnt tell mine as far as height is concerned as they came out in 2 pieces. But i now have the 034 street density ones and they gears feel much more crisp!

Comment

Will most likely be your old mounts were FUBAR. Got the MS mounts on mine and I can't remember struggling to fit the box afterwards. One of the mounts is upside down remember so if it is out it won't raise the bix, it'll twist it round.

Comment

These ones are also street density mounts. I just like to know if its ok with this height diffrence OEM vs 034MS'?

If I renember correctly the engine mounts also did have an bit extra height on them. Is there a thought behind it or is it within the "ok" tolerance? correct me if im wrong.

sigpic

Comment

Couldn't tell you if there is a height difference, but I know they do fit fine. I realise that's not too helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by stiglet View Post
            Will most likely be your old mounts were FUBAR.
            Thats the funny part! They seem ok (except for the height issue), no rifts in the rubber, they feel firm and stable. If they really are fubar then the rubber should be falling apart too, right?

The rest i am aware of.

sigpic

Comment

hmm is one supposed to be upside down..
              I never noticed on mine, and I mounted them the same way around and didnt notice any issues.

I would hate to switch one over.
              Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
              http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Isn't one facing the other way? Or did I make that up? You can only fit them one way so not sure if you could fit them incorrectly.

Comment

Not that Im aware of, both of those "cups" was aiming at the ground when i removed mine.. you are making me worried here
                  Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

Lol,
                    both mine did sit like in the 2nd pic, thats why I put them like that.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe just a 7A thing or something.. sorry for the confusion!

Comment

lol, im not totally convinced I have them the right way around now

Ill have to take a peek when I get the wheel alignment done..

Comment

Maybe your thinking of the rear diff mount, same mounts but one is flipped over on the other side.
                          Pretty sure the gearbox mounts both sit the same way round.
                          Ive ordered some track density ones from 034, should be here sometime next week, I can report any difference in the height in mine if that helps, i know its a wait.
                          Peasout.
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Yep that's it, i'm thinking of the rear diff. You are right both the box mounts are same side up. In that case a small height change on both the engine and box shouldn't cause any issues, both will sit slightly higher together but fit together fine still.

Like I say couldn't remember any difficulties fitting mine. I fitted the subframe ally mounts at the same time too, so bolted the whole lot together (sub/box/engine) as one assembley then bolted all that to the car. Worst case you may have to loosen the sub/engine mounting bolts to adjust position if you fit one at a time. Subframe is sort of adjustable in it's position with 3 floating mounts and one rigid.

Comment

Working...
                            X