Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearbox removal - driveshaft disconnection question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox removal - driveshaft disconnection question?

I am removing the gearbox on the car in my Sig.

On the gearbox removal guide I downloaded from somewhere it says to undo prop and driveshafts at the gearbox end - Hmmmm?
    So far, I've removed the 6 bolts and double head washer on each front driveshaft output from the gearbox and they still don't want to seem to move?
    I have removed 3 of the 6 bolts on the gearbox outlet to prop shaft joint but thought I would come first, before going any further, to ask this question???

What do I need to do further to disconnect the prop and driveshafts from the gearbox so I can remove it?

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim B
    97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Once you have the bolts out you just need to give them a tap with a hammer to break free. For the prop its easier to have the back of the car on the ground to stop it rotating, then put a jack under one corner to lift the wheel when you need to turn the prop 180degrees.

P.S. Thats an interesting hobby you have there
    Last edited by mcandmar; 23 May 2009, 18:53.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks for the information

Some pics of today's events:

The bleedin clutch had disintegrated
      Attached Files
      Jim B
      97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X