problem / b3 6 speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem / b3 6 speed?

hi all, 2 questions. i have a problem with my 1991 s2(b3) i drove it back home yesterday, went to puick up a mate on the way, stopped at his, all was fine. when i got back, the clutch would not engage. i can put it in gear if the engine is off, and when i start then engine the car starts to slowly pull forward evan when the clutch is fully down, it pulls in first but i cant then change gear. any ideas what iot is? i checked the brake resevoir level and its fine.

my second question is in relation to this, if the clutch is shot, im gunna hav to get it changed, and if im gunna do that the 6 speed box has entered my mind. is it a straight swap from the 3b 5 speed to the aby 6 speed box or do other parts need to be change aswell?

id appreciate any input anyone has, as im left stranded without a car at the moment. cheers much
    Jay

clutch release bearing i'd have thought or dead clutch.

to 6 speed:

gearbox
    linkage
    stick section
    subframe
    mounts
    propshaft

Comment

It sounds like your clutch is dragging for some reason.
      Check the condition of the master, slave cylinder and the hoses first.
      Did the fluid level get low, letting air get in to the system? It may be worth bleeding it before you write off the clutch.
      SS

Comment

Does the clutch stay depressed - after you stepped on it, it stays down there against the floor...
        Have you checked the underside of the car for fluid dripping out of the bell housing?
        sigpic
        friggin quattro crazy

Comment

no fluids that i can see, clutch doesnt stay depressed, and it hasnt been low as far as i know. changing to 6 speed sounds like it may a bit too involved to do just for the sake of it! cheers so far.

Comment

Working...
          X