Squeaky Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky Shifter

On my way back in the heat yesterday I noticed my short shifter was getting a bit sticky and squeaking everytime it was moved.

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

Im gonna have it out in the next few weeks and re grease it all which will hopefully solve the problem.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Still waiting for mine to arrive, not gonna get it fitted until after my holiday now...

Lost a couple of bushes as well, so need to bodge that so my normal shifter works correctly before i can fit this kit.

Will make sure mine is well greased tho before i fit it
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Mine doesnt squeak but it has slackened off a bit after 4 months of abuse, and the notchy change i had from fifth to forth is returning
      have to go from fifth to third then

Comment

haha, biggest problem i have is with getting from 1st to 2nd
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
          Mine doesnt squeak but it has slackened off a bit after 4 months of abuse, and the notchy change i had from fifth to forth is returning
          have to go from fifth to third then
          Fifth? I can't remember the last time I was in fifth. I always skip it both on up and down changes. I've also gotten into the habit of skipping third on up changes when I'm not booting it.
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

"On my way back in the heat yesterday I noticed my short shifter was getting a bit sticky and squeaking everytime it was moved."

Greg, I never did find my hamster after coming round your garage. Hammy was in the toolbox last time we saw him chewing on a cable tie. Maybe you could take a look and see why your shifter is sticky and squeaking please?

thanks!
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

LOL, Martyn, have you been spending too much time in the sun mate??
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                  "On my way back in the heat yesterday I noticed my short shifter was getting a bit sticky and squeaking everytime it was moved."

Greg, I never did find my hamster after coming round your garage. Hammy was in the toolbox last time we saw him chewing on a cable tie. Maybe you could take a look and see why your shifter is sticky and squeaking please?

thanks!
                  A mouse chewed the wiring loom of a friends Immaculate V12 E-Type Jag whilst he was working away in China for a year or so. Right mess..

They only chew through HID Headlamp cables once though!

David

Comment

LOL i spent three hours yesterday in traffic jams and had the exact same problem, squeeky going from 1st to 2nd. It actually got quite stiff too. I think the greese just ran away with the heat, seems fine today though.

Mark.

Originally posted by Greg_S
                    On my way back in the heat yesterday I noticed my short shifter was getting a bit sticky and squeaking everytime it was moved.

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

Im gonna have it out in the next few weeks and re grease it all which will hopefully solve the problem.

Greg
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Greg I caked your shifter in grease when we fitted it. Or so i thought. I was dead worried about getting the grease that was all over my hands on your interior!!! Being cloth, it wouldnt 'just wipe off' like leather chairs!
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                      X