Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox problem, 2.8v6q

hello,
    not posted about this yet (been a bit occupied)
    My grearbox suffered some kind of major failure (a few months ago now) it won't select any forward gears, just makes the most horrible grating and grinding noise when you try,
    any boxes around? or recommendations for somewhere to look at it for me?
    i am in thurrock. or other suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

awful thing when it happened, it was being driven by a fitter after having a puncture repaired. he said it just wouldn't select in to 2nd, then wouldn't go in any gear.
    can't imagine what he could have done wrong. i guess fortunate it went when it did, as i was about to drive half way up the country that day. but a major nuisance and setback for the car. obviously.

just checked. clutch down it will select all gears, but as you lift clutch - grates and grinds ( no forward drive) seem to be able to select/drive in reverse as far as i can tell.

thanks
    Phil.

(95' 2.8 CQ by the way)
    95' 2.8E Coupe quattro pearl blue
    97' A3 1.8T Sport Auto Silver

95' Yamaha FZR600R

Try Spink I think he broke a V6Q recently IIRC
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

the tranny are gone; som parts inside are total broken/ burned together; the spragg and the syncring...
      you does need a new tranny( second hand)
      you may use any tranny, 5/ 6 / v8 they will fit in the car; but som minor may be different( clutch/ flywheel/ propchafts/ linkage( 6tr if so)

Comment

AFAIK the gear ratios are different on the V6 to the 5 cylinder cars though
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

se between the 2 upper bolts, look for the figs( fx : AHA 1234565, or CBL 34567
          post them att this forum or Pm , so I/ we give the hand for the ratio !!!!

Comment

Working...
          X