Anyone use a south bend clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a south bend clutch?

I have a slipping clutch on my URs4. Its arround 400-450 hp gt 2871r etc. Its a 7A flywheel with a Spec pressure plate and a Sachs raceing organic disc. It slips a few times then "heats up" and is sorta ok for a while then starts again. I had a Spec clutch before this and it lasted 7 miles before it fell apart hence why the disc was replaced with the Sachs unit.

So im thinking of a South bend stage 4. Anyone any experence of these? Dont want a leg braker and its a daily driver that gets the odd hard start.

What you think? I will check for oil leaks and face the flywheel when its appart just in case.

Cheers des

although i never had any problems with spec 3+ which i have on the dual mass flywheel, i have ordered a southbend stg4 SS OFE from a4quattro to use with the 7A flywheel. I hope it holds off to good torque.

Spec 3+ has worked brilliantly so far for up to 600Nm crank torque. Southbend was cheaper to get and better perfomancewise, but unless 6 or 4puck all have the tendency to get stuck. Lots of debate on them in audizine. Im not doing launches so i dont mind.

Comment

South Bend is pretty popular with Stage 3 B5 S4s

Comment

I have owned nothing but South Bend clutches in the last 5 of my vehicles and will never run anything else. I have their stage 5 in my K04'ed S4 and its a monster. Holds all of my stage 3 power plus the 75 shot shot of nitrous I throw at it right out of the hole. I can't comment how they work on the I5, but there is no doubt I will be buying one for my 3B 200.
        '15 S3
        '91 200 20v
        '91 200 20v Avant

Comment

I have used spec (they clutches sucked *** horrible costumer service) now for past 3 years SB best costumer service and product, it has hold up for crazy abuse and its very streetable
          DD 1990 CQT 800+HP SOLD
          1/4 mile 10.70@135.66
          (SOLD)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-YlssmSfY
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XgzVJyvrfg
          2003 A6 4.2 Quattro
          97 MB S320 DD

Comment

Good news, a decent alternative to the mega expensive Sachs race item then?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Marc aka a4kquattro sells them at EFIExpress, suppose to be the dogs certainly I would use these if I didn't have a sachs

Comment

I've just contacted Mark to see what is available for my projekt that will last into the future. Wait and see how it compares to the £500+ for an SRE item.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Well I've heard back from Mark and prices are very tempting! Cheers for the quick comms
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Marc always the man...

Comment

Might be worth looking at a group buy.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Your all get stung on tax Andy if you do that, best to buy as a individual.
                        Chef

Comment

Ah, crap
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                            Ah, crap
                            Theifs!!! at least the high way man had the comman decency to wear a mask
                            Chef

Comment

Looks good, with current prices from EFI express

Stage 1 375 ft/lbs $325=£210

Stage 2 400 ft/lbs $425=£274

Stage 3 500ft/lbs $475=£307

postage at $83 so £54

Sachs performance (520+Nm ( 383b/ft)) is 678 euro=£595 + postage

Looks like the southbend stuff could be a great option as long as taxes don't shaft you.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                              X