• Show
Clear All

Nothing at the mo...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc View Post
      Any ideas for engine or gearbox mounts Andy
      I have been thinking about putting a Poly insert into the engine and gearbox mounts i manufacture!!

Keeping the delrin body but inserting a poly bush inside that, to keep the strength but take away any vibration!

Any thoughts??

Comment

sounds interesting, i guess you could do the same with the ally submounts too?
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          The PF one is crap anyway IMHO, all it does over stock is transmit more noise - so really your choices need only be stock or superhardcore which it sounds like Andy is trying to cater for
          Without wishing to support the PF one on Andy's thread, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. It certainly wasn't noisier on my car, but you would not call it harsh or solid either.

I would suggest that there is a market for a harder compound rear diff mount...

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by bambridge View Post
            I have been thinking about putting a Poly insert into the engine and gearbox mounts i manufacture!!

Keeping the delrin body but inserting a poly bush inside that, to keep the strength but take away any vibration!

Any thoughts??
            The poly you can machine is too hard for it to be worthwhile Kev. Ideally you want an ally body and small batch injection moulded insert in a softer compound.

I'll draw up a new billet ally mount, that'll not be going anywhere any time soon but will be noisier and put more load on the subframe.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I've made a good start on a billet mount. As the original is cast, there are a couple of minor things to sort out as well as deciding just how beefy to make it
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
              X