better clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better clutch

I have a problem with clutch. I was dragracing my S2 and on the second run the clutch started to slip even with 4th gear. After a while the clutch worked normally but will probably slide again when dumping it on the 1st gear. The engine has been tuned and it has about 246 kW. Please recommend me stronger clutch and place to buy it that can handle this power?

Reimo

Sachs Racing Clutches : (from 550Nm) Can start drag from 7000RPMS.

Sinter(550) , Special Sinter(600+) , Ceramic(650Nm) or Carbon(dunno but more than 700).

Sachs Site

There are prices and specs.

Super Special Sachs racing kit clutches Carbon

Or I heard that some use ClutchNet clutches. There are sinter , carbon, ceramic and copper clutches. Try to search in net.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Should I change the pressure plate and the clutch disk both? I have heard than only pressure plate change against stronger one will do?

Comment

I don't know.
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

It is always best to change the clutch centre plate,the clutch pressure plate and the release bearing at the same time
          S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X