Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo sensor location

Hi fellas

my speedo has kaput, it was flicking on and off fgor a couple of days and now its given up the ghost.

Could anyone share with me the location of the sensor (engine side). Im assuming its around the gearbox housing somewhere??

Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

rgrds

Graeme

never had anything to do with an S2 box but if its like my URS4 and A4 then it will be right where the driveshafts bolt onto the `box, my A4 takes its feed from the n/s sensor (one on either side!)

hope this helps
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

The actual clocks themselves can become dodgy, an issue with the solder joints IIRC, whacking the dash every couple of months or longer used to sort it in my 90 for about 2 years then it totally died.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
        The actual clocks themselves can become dodgy, an issue with the solder joints IIRC, whacking the dash every couple of months or longer used to sort it in my 90 for about 2 years then it totally died.

wouldn't be a VAG if a whack to the dash every now and again couldn't improve things, BTDT
        Shane

Comment

easy to check if its clocks or sender, see if sender gives a pulse when wheel is turning!
          if it is check pulse at clocks and if it pulses at the clocks then clock fault, if no then wiring.

happy days
          1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
          1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
          BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

it is on the left side of the car if you are in the car.... on the output flange of the front diff housing behind and above the axle cup. so on the side the radiator is on.

here in USA it is driver side, there it would be pass side, and i dunno near or far side, that confuses me.

Comment

im pretty sure that its not the clock as i have whacked them a few times, when it was flickering it came back on when i buried my foot so im sure its a dodgy sensor engine side,

im sure finding a replacement is going to be a challenge as usual but hey ho!

thanks guys

graeme

Comment

Working...
              X