Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B Clutch, How much Torque?

Hi folks.

Just a quick post, i'm hoping to use a 3B clutch on a 1.8T motor, and i'd like a bit of an idea as to how much torque a stock 3B clutch will take?

Cheers

3B Sachs 707 takes 600+Nm

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Is that the standard 3B clutch though? Or some aftermarket/race item?

Aiming to use the standard one if i can!

Comment

3B clutch take 600nm? Not long term it won't it will slip sooner than later IMO

Comment

Stock item is rated for ~310Nm on the 3B but there are lots of people running 400-450Nm without problems on them. I'd say that they would struggle with much more torque than that being delivered on a harsh/frequent basis for things like sprints or track events.

What sort of torque and application are you looking for on the 1.8T setup ?
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
            Is that the standard 3B clutch though? Or some aftermarket/race item?

Aiming to use the standard one if i can!
            A Sachs 707 is a race clutch, but it's very user friendly on the street too, I have one in mine and it's not a lot heavier than std. Expensive though.

http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/s...lung-set-2.htm
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

looks the same as mine. i paid about 200 € less a couple of years back. tis sitting nicely in a box under the stairs

Comment

I know this a old post but my friend has a zf Sachs race engineering pressure plate I think? Part number 883082.999724 doesn’t say how much it can hold but are these stronger than a 707 Sachs pressure plates? He’s also got the paddle clutch which is uprated to 520nm anyone used this setup? Or recommend a setup for 450ftlbs and close to 500bhp please sorry it’s for s2 aby 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                  I know this a old post but my friend has a zf Sachs race engineering pressure plate I think? Part number 883082.999724 doesn’t say how much it can hold but are these stronger than a 707 Sachs pressure plates? He’s also got the paddle clutch which is uprated to 520nm anyone used this setup? Or recommend a setup for 450ftlbs and close to 500bhp please sorry it’s for s2 aby 6spd
                  Same pressure plate from memory. They hold well over 600NM with the sintered paddle friction plate. Mine never slipped with 630Nm and some have run them closer to 700NM. The sintered friction plate is very aggressive and will eat into the flywheel pretty quickly.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Ok that’s good news at least I can tell him or he will see the post first.

Comment

Working...
                    X