6speed 01e - maximum hosepower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6speed 01e - maximum hosepower?

Hi, how many hosepower can provide 6speed 01e gearbox from S2?

shafts will snap before the box gives up. Been told shafts get unpredictable circa 650nm. launch on stickies and taking the p**s.

Edit: im sure ive heard the s4 boxes are better at handling abuse too, not sure whats different still an 01e i think but dsy code?
    Last edited by QuattroFever; 6 April 2011, 09:36.
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

i use a Euro TDI 01E in the drag car.

> 600AWHP. on 4 slicks.

0-60mph in 2.45 seconds.

it works for me.

Comment

Wow, thanks for answers.
        And what different between tdi and s2 6speed?

And what you doing with clutch for this power?

Comment

Originally posted by 6epcepk View Post
          Wow, thanks for answers.
          And what different between tdi and s2 6speed?
          Basically only gear ratios.
          Older S2 01E boxes have narrow 1st gear and non-flexible mainshaft, TDIq boxes have wide 1st gear and flexible mainshaft. Also later S2 boxes should have wide 1st gear and/or flexible mainshaft.

Wider DQT 1st gear compared to narrow CMG 1st gear (both 6speed boxes)

Comment

yep, what he said.

also, the fastest S2 in the world uses a stock gearbox (01E) with stock gearing. >1000AWHP..... 9.1x in quarter mile.

Comment

yep, what he said.

also, the fastest S2 in the world uses a stock gearbox (01E) with stock gearing. >1000AWHP..... 9.1x in quarter mile.

Comment

Forgot to add this before :http://www.elektro.com/~audi/01e/

This page has a lot of information regarding 01E boxes. Allthough there might be some information that is not 100% true, for example the 3nd gear ratio fro TDIq box is listed as 1.32 allthough it should be 1.23 according to ETKA. I'll check my boxes during the weekend if I have the time.

Comment

TDI 01e 6 speed gearbox has very long gear ratios true?? more tahn 300km/h ¡
                  RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                  BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                  LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                    TDI 01e 6 speed gearbox has very long gear ratios true?? more tahn 300km/h ¡
                    6th gear ratio is 0.561, diff is 4.11, 225/45 17" wheels and 7250rpm limiter: 234mph or 376.58km/h. 200mph can be reached in 5th(ratio 0.67) if you increase rev limiter by 200rpm

CMG box (6th gear ratio 0.68) needs a tad over 7500rpm to get 200mph / 321.87 km/h

Ratios for DQT box (also used in MY2000 A6 2.7Bit): 3.50 1.89 1.23 0.87 0.67 0.56
                    for 1993 S4 V8 CMG box: 3.50 1.89 1.32 1.03 0.81 0.68

01E can stand a lot of abuse, but long term negligence during gear changes can do a LOT of harm(1st gear was perfect BTW):
                    5th gear synchro hub from the DQT:

6th gear side of the same hub, notice the sharp tips inside the hub that were ground down in the 5th. Seems like the DQT box was used mostly in the city:

In comparison the mainshaft part of the 1st gear from the CMG box was properly abused and synchros from 1-3 were shot, but most of the hubs and all gears looked brand new compared to the DQT. Easy to see which car was driven by an enthusiast and which by a woman

Comment

Who drove 9.1 on quarter with 01E? Was it with stock internals?
                      Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Thank you for information!

I think i will get around 500-600 WHP. Now i have buy 6speed gearbox from S2.

1) Is this gearbox will crashed on 500-600 WHP? Will broked mainshaft, because it is not flexible?

2) TDIq from 6 Spd A4 2001> 2.5L TDI?

Comment

Originally posted by repo View Post
                          Who drove 9.1 on quarter with 01E? Was it with stock internals?

was it not Paavola? i was pretty sure he was ~9.2x with it, and then this one? but you, Jyrki, of anyone would know about Tomis' car.

i do think though, that Carbon Destroyer has a PAR dog-box, come to think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QotkeLP9ylE

Comment

To 7A quattro engine, fits only 01E from S2?Or its chance,to fit other model?Thanks
                            Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

all trannys will fit; some hav the double bolt pattern... but remember the ratio code for the qtrannys.... by the top boltholes in the bellhousing; they are stamped in like ;AHA 12345 or DZY 34567.... its the year and ratio...do have the same ratio in front and rear end...

Comment

Working...
                              X