Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.R.C. 200mph 6th Gear - Cog, Has Anyone Got this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.R.C. 200mph 6th Gear - Cog, Has Anyone Got this?

i was just wondering if anybody has got this from mrc tuning? and how much bhp is required to pull it round to 200mph

also what are they charging for it? and is it easy to get fitted in?

im down thier in the 27th for a chip but dont think ill be able to afford it somehow, high mph parts usualy have the high costs too

http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?o...5:s2&Itemid=59

Comment

I think Doug has around 600HP...

It may be a good motorway cruising gear also though, so Max HP and speed may not be the only reason to go for one

There is bragging rights too of course, if it is fitted, your car 'can' do 200MPH

Le Mans 2012
      Nurburgring 700
      1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Can do 200mph with a gazillion bhp and some aero mods to help along the way.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

mmm thats what i was thinkin lol

Comment

You don't need it really anyway , if you can get enough power with a big turbo/N2O in 6th gear on a standard S2 box will give you 200 mph ~ 8000 rpm. The taller gear just makes it easer to achieve as you can get there at lower rpm. Some people fail to make the 200 mph barrier even though they theoretically have enough power to do it because they hit wall of resistance before they are making enough power to get past it due to the gearing/ power@rpm.

Comment

I get 4-5mpg better with my 6spd over my old 5spd box if you did a lot of motorway miles I'm sure it could be economically justified...

I think you'd need a LONG straight and 600+ to get there, I definately wouldn't like to try 200mph in a car shaped like a brick with little to no front castor!
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

it must be so dangerous if it falls in some kind of hands
                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

The price of buying and fitting though is like £700 I think, is it worth it? hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    The price of buying and fitting though is like £700 I think, is it worth it? hmm
                    if you are a 20VT Taxi,then yes
                    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

What is the ratio for this "200mph" 6th gear?
                      200mph can be done in 5th @7500rpm when using 6 speed diesel quattro box..

Comment

All discussed here SRS thread link

Comment

6tr tranny

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                          What is the ratio for this "200mph" 6th gear?
                          200mph can be done in 5th @7500rpm when using 6 speed diesel quattro box..
                          thats easy; buy a 6tr tranny for the vw passat 4 motions; they does have 3,889 ratio too, and they are for the diesel engine; the rear end ratio are also 3,889...
                          have you the engine, ant the big hart, you got over 200mph

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
                            thats easy; buy a 6tr tranny for the vw passat 4 motions; they does have 3,889 ratio too, and they are for the diesel engine; the rear end ratio are also 3,889...
                            have you the engine, ant the big hart, you got over 200mph
                            S2/S4/S6 01E boxes have final ratio of 4.111. What is the 6th gear ratio for this passat box? The automatic box rear diff could be used for 3.889 ratio, but this also means that front diff has to be changed.

Also, the AudiSRS page says, that MRC 6th gear is with ratio 0.64, wich would be 200mph at 7100rpm.

FWD 01E diesel box with 0.60 ratio gives 200mph at 6700rpm. 2.5TDIq box gives 200mph at 7500rpm in 5th and 200mph at 6240rpm in 6th.

Comment

MRC price isn't too band when compared with JHM http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalo...c2bd5bee1a964d

Still of the opinion

a) When are you going to hit 200 mph in real life?
                              b) The cost of install is not going to be saved by the cost of petrol

of course that is IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X