Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox ADZ question

Hy
    well I'm in one new project. the car is Audi 200 20v and they have 5 speed ADZ or ADY gearbox .
    did someone know how much HP can that gearbox handle . or we must think about 01e 6speed?
    the plan is 500+hp (550hp maximum).

thanks for any info.

anybody ?

Comment

you wont have too many issues with an 016 box i wouldnt have thought,they seem to regarded as being stronger than any s2/s4/s6 box.I have an adz from a 200 20v in my 90q(still hasnt moved under its own power though,lol)

Comment

I'm very grateful with that (ADZ) gearbox, and don't want to change it.
        in my new project I don't wana have some issues . so if it necessary to change it, I will .
        must be prepare for that. don't want to buy 3B sachs motorsport clutch kit, and than find out, that gearbox are not so strong to hold 600+Nm.

please help..

Comment

I think you would be better of with an 01E I recently stripped second gear on my 016 and having taken it apart the 01E is made of stronger stuff, the gears are wider etc..

Hope it helps..

Comment

you may use any tranny; they will handle the 600nm... exept the s4 CBL 6tr tranny....

Comment

you will need the 4,111 ratio anyway

Comment

yes 200 20v have 4.11ratio.
                so wot is the point? to stay on ADZ or go to 01E?

Comment

some of the v8 01e does have oilpump.... i will used the 01e.. it some newer tranny... JONUS used the 016 for the 900hp audi in many year.....

Comment

Working...
                  X