AP Racing Clutch - Info Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Racing Clutch - Info Required

This is purely speculative at the moment and any info is going to be used as a research exercise initially but I want to look into getting an AP Racing clutch built up for the S2 (I work for AP Racing).

I haven't replaced my clutch so I don't have any "hands on" experience with our clutches, hence as much info as possible is needed.

Some of the info will be:
    - The gearbox input shaft spline details (size, number of teeth)
    - The outside diameter of the friction plates
    - The mounting PCD for the clutch and the size of bolts (+ any alignment dowels)
    - The axial space available for the clutch (standard and any up-rated clutches people have experience with)
    - The master cylinder and slave cylinder bore sizes (+ available stroke)
    - Flywheel info (mounting PCD, tooth size, flywheel thickness)

It may well be that an AP Racing clutch would be really expensive (one of the reasons I have not really pursued it in the past) or that it just isn't feasible with the parts available but I want to investigate it.

If anyone has an OE clutch that they would be willing to lend me then that would be ideal.

I don't know at this stage what sort of torque capacities could be expected but we have a substantial range of organic and sintered friction materials at AP Racing which can be tailored for drive-abilty/performance.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Thanks

Dan

As mine is all apart at the moment...and most likely will be for the next few weeks, i can help you out with dimensions im sure.

I have a pretty busy week (exam time!!) then I could take a look and get them for you.
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

dammit I took a used 7A clutch to the skip last week Dan (same size etc!)
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers Will,

That would be ideal, but don't worry about it just yet if you've still got exams.

Alex, no worries, it's always the case when you throw something out that it become useful all of a sudden!

Comment

You are going to have to be more specific. Are you looking to do a replacement for the dual mass ABY/ADU or the single mass 3B one?
          Here is some info on the 3b clutch plate:
          •Diameter [mm]: 240
          •Hub Profile: 21,8x24,3-23N
          •Number of Teeth: 23
          Good idea. We should be able to source high quality components from within the UK. It also helps when there are any problems.

Comment

Hi Dan, I forgot to say when you were down that I've now got a urS4 clutch for you to look at.
            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Id' be interested to hear how you get on, when I fitted the brakes on mine I had enquired about the audi clutches but was told they werent available because of the splines being different to other makes
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

This sounds very interesting. I fitted an OE Audi (LUK branded) 3B clutch and it's not as strong as the ABY item, so I've been musing about its replacement for some time. Some quality parts from the UK will be a nice option
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                X