Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Speed into an Ur Quattro

Could anybody explain how to do this?
    whats involved, what needs to be changed etc?
    im fitting an aby engine, so this could be a good conversion to do at the same time!
    ive read it gives you another few iches room at the front? and that its stronger then the standard 5 speed in the quattro

anyone?

Comment

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...asc&highlight=

Hope this helps
      www.quattro.ca
      B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
      B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

The six speed is not as strong as the quattro box

If you switch your clutch and flywheel is all S2.

You need to bring over the linkage as well. This means adapting the tunnel

Early 6 speeds are weak. The later ones much better

If you want proper robust then an RS4 2.7T box can be made to fit or even an All Road if you can find one

Comment

EFI express has mounts to put a 6 speed into an URQ. The swap is fairly easy once you have all the right parts. Basically you need the clutch flywheel, the said mounts, the linkage, and finally the right axles. The RHD passenger side shaft works, but the drivers does not. I ended up using a short RHD passenger side shaft on both sides, with a 29mm spacer taking up the difference in length.

Take a loook at hte link that Martin posted, as it is very helpful.

Any 6 speed is stronger than the quattro 016 box, regardless of the first gear width. The 016 boxes get weak at around 420wtq, and the second gear is the weak link. I have been running 530wtq through a narrow 01e for thousands of miles now, and it holds up to the abuse a lot better. The wide 6 speed is obviously the better option, but not nessisarily needed in the lightweight URQ.

FYI, don't touch a allroad 6 speed. You have the wrong rear diff gearing to make that work. You want to find a trans with either a 3.89 from the TDI for a couple of years, or do a 4.11 rear diff swap from a small chassis car, and then put in the regular 4.11 trans
          1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
          2007 Infinity g35

Comment

The transmission tunnel does not need to be cut. You just use custom mounts and a spacer, along with a combination of urs4/s6 gear linkage and UR cage hybrid.

Not very specific I know, but there are quite a few cars with 6spd now, mine included, it uses an AAN engine.
            Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

Thanks guys! ill give that thread a good read tonight!, id like to start gathering pieces to get it fitted soon!

Comment

6 speed

Do have a DSY 6 speedbox in my urquattro, and use the stock mounts.
                3B flywheel en custom linkage and driveshafts.

Comment

Originally posted by igsya View Post
                  You need to bring over the linkage as well. This means adapting the tunnel
                  No need to modify the transmission tunnel BTDT.
                  Linkage is Ur-q/UrS4

HTH
                  www.quattro.ca
                  B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                  B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
                    No need to modify the transmission tunnel BTDT.
                    Linkage is Ur-q/UrS4

HTH
                    so basically what needs to be done is..

notch engine mounts

use rs2 gearbox mounts

use the S4 gear linkage with ur-quattro gearstick and cage with S4 internals? I know it says on your thread S4 parts but are the S2 the same?

use 3B clutch and flywheel or 034 lightweight version and suitable clutch?

one drive needs a spacer and the other doesnt

oh and I had a good look at your build thread! and I got to say damn, well done!
                    seeing threads like that help me get my *** in gear and get mine done!

Comment

I have my Audi Driver article on the swap into a 1986 coupe quattro if it helps. A few differences if fitting to a Ur but you'll get the basic jist of the work involved. Send E-mail address in a PM if you want it.
                      1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                      2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                      2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
                        I have my Audi Driver article on the swap into a 1986 coupe quattro if it helps. A few differences if fitting to a Ur but you'll get the basic jist of the work involved. Send E-mail address in a PM if you want it.
                        pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
                          scan the article and post the PDF here please?

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                            scan the article and post the PDF here please?
                            Already forwarded it to you

Comment

Please could I have a copy of the article also...........thanks mark..

Comment

Working...
                              X