More leaks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More leaks...

Ok, so the next leaky seal to cry oil onto my garage floor is on the rear diff.
    Seems to be coming from the diff lock actuator, is there a gasket/oil seal still available?
    Whats it like to replace, and can anyone recommend what diff oil i should be using?

While i was poking round under there i noticed the rear diff rear mounting bush is well ******d, which should hopefully be the cause of my noisy gear changing when im not smooth enough with the clutch.
    Standard replacement ok for this or should i get an unrated mount? Such as powerflex if they do one? Would and uprated version Give more vibration? Are they easier to fit?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

As for the diff bush, I don't think an uprated one will give benefits unless the whole of your drivetrain bushes are pretty fresh. Could possibly lead to more clunking then you had before.

The powerflex bush could be fitted with the mount still under the car, doubt the oem could...but someone will no doubt prove me wrong.

I have a spare oem mount if you want one, save you a few quid anyway.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

from memory you can do the oem bushing and alloy mount with the diff in situ though access for the 4 cap heads is not great, Powerflex will hold the diff firm but to be honest expect it to transfer more noise into the cabin, especially if you have solid alloy subframe mount (like I do). I've never been convinced about the value of the powerflex one apart form its hold but in terms of noise and vibration, there is definately more of it as a result.. The plus is once it's replaced its unlikely to need your attention again!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, think im gunna go oem with the diff mount bush. I replaced the rear wishbone bushes with poweflex type stuff and i definately notice more noise and stiffness as expected. Its already got alloy subframe/chassis mounts and i wanna keep it smooth and quiet inside.

Cheers.

Comment

well if you want a new OEM rear bush, i have one. £30 posted, normally £35 elsewhere so will save you some pounds!
          1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Nice one! Pm on its way.

Cheers
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X