Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 and Coupe Quattro B2 tranmission differences!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 and Coupe Quattro B2 tranmission differences!

Hi everybody,

I have a chance to buy one rare 1987 Coupe Quattro B2.

My question is, does anybody know how strong is his transmission and gearbox comparing with Audi Coupe S2 with 3B and ABY engines?

I know that URquattro's transmission is stronger than 01A and 01E, but what about Coupe Quattro B2?

Current engine in Coupe Quattro B2 is 2226ccm with 136hp and future plan is to put in there some AAN engine, so this is the main reason for this question

Thank You all in advance.

Best regards!
    Last edited by shone190; 31 May 2011, 07:02.
    Audi URquattro 4.2l, Dodge Charger 7.3l, Golf 4 TDI 4Motion

It all fits!

I have run 20vt engines on cq, Ur and s2 boxes in B2 shells all works and nothing broken yet.

I guess if you want it for 700bhp and hard launches you would want a tdi gearbox...
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot, I would'n want 700bhp in that car, 350-400hp would be enough
      Audi URquattro 4.2l, Dodge Charger 7.3l, Golf 4 TDI 4Motion

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
        I guess if you want it for 700bhp and hard launches you would want a tdi gearbox...
        TDI box is only good for fuel economy, for getting the most out of the car 01E with flexible main shaft and wide first gear from V8 is better.

I did a one mile speed test with my car (chipped S6 AAN and TDI box), First 3 gears were done in 500m and after that I waited for around a kilometre to get the speed above 200km/h in 4th gear, 5th is allready quite useless as it is lower geared than 6th in V8 01E box. Fuel economy is good though, 7.5L /100Km on highway

Comment

Working...
        X