Best Clutch Release Bearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Clutch Release Bearing?

I'm fitting a Southbend clutch which utilises the Sachs Racing clutch pressure plate. it comes supplied with the plastic covered OEM Sachs release bearing.

I'm aware of the 034 item that is considered an upgrade, and also rattly as hell. Is there an upgrade item that's a little beefier that I can use? Surely there's gotta be something of an RS4 or the likes that is a direct replacement...

Cheers
    Ross
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Use the OEM Sachs release bearing, I have the 034 item and I want it out but to do so is engine or gearbox out which I can't justify at the moment

Comment

Im using the metal 034 item in mine without issues, i suspect they only rattle about on cars converted to single mass flywheels.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I have been running a stage 4 Southbend clutch with the OEM plastic covered Sachs release bearing for over a year now with no probs.

When I collected the clutch from Marc at EFI we spoke about it and he recommended using it for my puny RS2+ spec.

Also my mechanic was an Audi mechanic for the duration of the IL5 era and he said it would be fine.

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
          I'm fitting a Southbend clutch which utilises the Sachs Racing clutch pressure plate. it comes supplied with the plastic covered OEM Sachs release bearing.

I'm aware of the 034 item that is considered an upgrade, and also rattly as hell. Is there an upgrade item that's a little beefier that I can use? Surely there's gotta be something of an RS4 or the likes that is a direct replacement...

Cheers
          Ross
          Sachs bearing seems good ! I have one fitted now quite operation, I fitted a Oem bearing which lasted 5000km before failing I have a 600nm clutch

The sachs one only has a plastic coating over the metal
          RS 2 580HP

Comment

Ross,

Can you post the parts list up for the conversion once your done, mine will need doing before too long
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg - not really much of a conversion, I ordered the Southbend ABY Stage #3 Endurance kit which came with the Sachs release bearing - which is going in as I've been unable to source anything known to be better in time - and an OEM slave cylinder which is arriving tomorrow...
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I recommend you to change the gearbox fork (I don't know the proper word in English). It is the shaft which has a "hole" where the release bearing is attached to. Mine was broken and this failure, from a mechanic's friend point of view, seems quite common in VW cars.
                I bought it new from my Audi dealer and the prize shoudn't be higher than 30 pounds (although mine is a 3B and the part is a bit different).
                Cheers.
                Audi Coupé S2 '92 -- VW Golf 2 GTI '91 (v2) -- Renault 4 TL '84 -- Audi 100 2,3E '92 (Dad's) -- Suzuki SV 650 S '08

Comment

Working...
                X