Audi 100 type 44 and URS6 auto boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 100 type 44 and URS6 auto boxes

Does anyone have any knowledge of both cars??

I have a type 44 2.2 5cyl turbo auto and i have been offered to buy a gearbox from a URS6.

My 100 type 44 has 3 forward gears, i believe the URS6 has 4 forward gears?

Does anyone know if the URS6 auto box will be a DIRECT fit to the Audi 100 type 44 turbo

cheers

it WILL fit the engine , and the in car... BUT the elecktric wire and so ma be ****! the speedo are elecktric too

Comment

ok cheers

Comment

erm,bit of a problem here chaps.I am pretty sure your 100 is front wheel drive?(s4/s6/v8 boxes are all 4wd) and was there such a thing as a 100 10vt auto quattro?new one on me if so.

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
          erm,bit of a problem here chaps.I am pretty sure your 100 is front wheel drive?(s4/s6/v8 boxes are all 4wd) and was there such a thing as a 100 10vt auto quattro?new one on me if so.
          good point, mine is FWD but yes they did make a 100 turbo quattro, infact most were Q, the fwd is the rarer one

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by salad.dodger View Post
            good point, mine is FWD but yes they did make a 100 turbo quattro, infact most were Q, the fwd is the rarer one

cheers
            Yeah i have had a couple of quattro versions but all were manuals,never seen a quattro auto 100 or 200 myself

Comment

look in the familiealbum, you will see some autoboxes; before 86 no q-cars... but you may got 2wd autoboxes too. no prob the audi 100/ 200/s4/ a6/s6 is one big familie.. the most of the parts will fit

Comment

apart from another gear and maybe reducing the revs so fuel consumption is better im not sure what else it would achieve??? is it worth it

Comment

for the fuel issue, a A6 2,5tdi(5pot) and autobox2wd will fit in the car; and some small tuning of the tdi, you WILL hav a really fast car, and cheap driving every day...200hp is not difficult on these, with bigger turbo, more fuel and so on...

Comment

nice one cheers for the info, i'll take a look at that

Comment

Working...
                    X