Clear All

• Straight Cut 01E Box!!

Pricey, but interesting conversion..

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13135093502183

Elite transmissions in the UK are building them to

Price is alittle better also
    Chef

Comment

i have just sent my gearbox to PPG in austrailia for a straight cut dog box to be developed too

Comment

Originally posted by will20v View Post
        i have just sent my gearbox to PPG in austrailia for a straight cut dog box to be developed too
        Thats a shame, i am sure you would have saved 3K with elite in the uk
        Chef

Comment

there is a dog kit
          http://www.par-engineering.com/secti...ets&manId=audi

is around 4000e for the 4gears gearbox (good for drag for example)

Comment

After numerous twisted and snapped shafts from elite, them claiming it is the strongest available in the uk yet they can't even tell us the material it's made from or whether it is induction or through heated.

So personally I wouldn't touch Elite with a barge pole.
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

http://www.jonus-racing.no/

" -Dog-box drevsats for 01e girkasse: 4 speed dragbox 2000nm: 50000kr+vat (25%)"

Comment

doesnt sqs make something. i know there are 2 us companies doing it now. ill see if i can find links

Comment

I know that there has been a couple of examples of the sqs box breaking, so maybe better to buy from other manufactures

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
                    After numerous twisted and snapped shafts from elite, them claiming it is the strongest available in the uk yet they can't even tell us the material it's made from or whether it is induction or through heated.

So personally I wouldn't touch Elite with a barge pole.
                    I can understand your frustration about that but all of the elite customers I know of have had nothing bad to say about their customer care, or the product tbh, dog wear seems quite normal, and the boxes are extremely noisy but find me a sequential that isn't !

My mate broke his 6 speed sequential and he sent it back to them and received it back within 3 days, very good service by any standards.

Personally if whoever you spoke too couldn't tell you what they were made of then you should of asked to speak to someone else. Elite have been around for a long time and although they might not be upto the standard of xtrac they offer some very good equipment for the money.

As for the vs motor gearkit it sounds very nice but I'd rather not be tied to a non Uk supplier. I'd love that m5 of theirs though !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                      Elite have been around for a long time and although they might not be upto the standard of xtrac they offer some very good equipment for the money.

As for the vs motor gearkit it sounds very nice but I'd rather not be tied to a non Uk supplier. I'd love that m5 of theirs though !
                      Chef

Comment

the boxes are extremely noisy but find me a sequential that isn't !
                        Actually, if the gears were not straight cut, it would be as quiet as a standard box. The sequentiality or the dog engagement have nothing to do with it. Of course most sequentials have straight cut gears, as they are made for racing.

Comment

I am aware of that but I can't say I have ever met anyone with a sequential box with helical cut gears.

Comment

Elite box won't hold your expected HP..
                            Xtra Racing

Comment

Originally posted by nervas View Post
                              Elite box won't hold your expected HP..

What makes you say that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X