Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which South Bend Clutch and from where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which South Bend Clutch and from where ?

Want to buy a South Bend Clutch for an ABY Avant with a 3B flywheel set up, so need a clutch kit for a 3B, but which one ?

Engine will be around 400bhp and 600nm approximately. No track days. Used daily in stop start city traffic. Short journeys.

Also, where is a good place to buy the appropriate clutch ?

Thanks.

I got mine from Marc (a4kquattro) who runs EFI Express, he does ABY on his website and should be able to source you one for a 3B.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

forget those clutchs....i saw personally i very bad experience with a RS2 turbo car

for your driving style and future upgrades i would suggest you the SPEC Stage 3+... trust me they are very confortable for daily use and also very good for racing days or WOT in the streets...and it has lots of durability i got mine as new...now with a lot of kms done with RS2 and k26/27 specs,i checked 2 months ago whem i swapped my gearbox

RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

the 7A ones are what you will get for a 3B - same fitment
        I asked Marc a similar question a while ago, he suggested a Stage 3 Daily
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

stage 3.....PLUS¡¡¡

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
            forget those clutchs....i saw personally i very bad experience with a RS2 turbo car

for your driving style and future upgrades i would suggest you the SPEC Stage 3+... trust me they are very confortable for daily use and also very good for racing days or WOT in the streets...and it has lots of durability i got mine as new...now with a lot of kms done with RS2 and k26/27 specs,i checked 2 months ago whem i swapped my gearbox

what happened I as well sell southbends...never in 3-4yrs have we had any issues. helped them add all the early audi stuff and vr6-01e in anyone inquired. kinda curious
            '91 Pearl 3.6 V8 CQ - building
            '13.5 Jetta GLI - toy
            '15 Subaru Imprezzzza - work daily
            hausofdub.com

Comment

Originally posted by dspl1236 View Post
              what happened I as well sell southbends...never in 3-4yrs have we had any issues. helped them add all the early audi stuff and vr6-01e in anyone inquired. kinda curious
              one friend of mine while mapping in live his car with a upgraded RS2 turbo and 3 person in the car started to slip like crazy after stop the car for add fuel in the station... it had less than 15000kms with normal street driving,never in a track and with ALL kms done with stock but chiped turbo¡¡¡ AFAIK it was a south bend clucht stage 2 or something like this...god for in theory 400 or 500nm i dont know

maybe it was only bad luck..

Comment

maybe he should have got st.3. I always choose something higher than what the US numbers say.

Comment

There are quite a few members happy with the southbend, sounds like a dud or something off Rocco.
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

similar thing that happened a little while back with the southbend clutches and i read over at srs that they had a bad batch and they redid them and now everyone is happy with them now.

My st 4 i had with organic/feramic on the SB came out, to be replaced with a full feramic faced, because i thought it was smelling a bit too much. I need to ask Brian what is the state of the disc, as it turned out that the 7A flywheel i used was not flat and therefore the disc was not touching the full face of the flywheel. That may had something to do with it. It wasnt slipping, and its being replaced as a precaution, but the SB was lighter than the spec 3+ i had in pedal pressing.

Comment

it is essential to have the flywheel reground before fitting a new clutch IMHO.
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I thought it had been checked previously before fitment from Greece, but apparently it needed some regrinding

Comment

I'm pretty sure JP will have done the appropriate work to the 3b flywheel, think it will be a stage 3 South Bend for Marc in EFI.

But I take your point re the face of the flywheel.

Various faults people have had with either Spec or South Bend may not always be the clutches fault with the benefit of hindsight.

Thanks.

Comment

Yea get a south bend from efi express. I had a spec one before it and it lasted 20 mile. crap. South bend grips well. A little heavy but ok.

Comment

Just buy a SACHS

Comment

Working...
                              X