Help needed diagram of s6 clutch assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed diagram of s6 clutch assembly

The clutch pedle has just failed on my s6, so I need a diagram of the pedel assembly,
    I can feal ther is a broken bracket that holds the slave cylinder and it would help to see how it is mounted.A ny help would be much appreceated.

UrS4/S6 Clutch info

Sometimes the actual clutch pedal breaks due to stress cracking. In any event, these might help:

http://12v.org/urs/AudiUrS4ClutchMas...eplacement.pdf

http://12v.org/urs/ClutchReplacement.pdf
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

That is just brillant,I can't thank you enough. It is so hard to see exactly what part is broken, it appears to be the main bracket, number 1 in the diagram, there looks to be 4 spot welds on that main bracket that have failed, allowing the slave cylinder to move about,I will have to remove a few more bits of trim so I can see it clearly.
      It looks like it might be a difficult thing to replace.

Comment

I *think* you might mean the clutch master cylinder is loose. The slave cylinder is mounted on the transmission bell housing:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Had another look at this and it looks like you have to take the stearing colume of to get to it, along with a bunch of other stuff.
          If anyone has any experience in removing the pedel assembly be greatfull for a little addvise.

Comment

Finally fixed the clutch pedal.I can tell you this is one of the worst jobs ever, there is so much stuff to take of its a nightmare, the more I took of the more impossible it looked.In the end I stopped because it looked like it would be impossible to put it back togeather again,I have had the engine out of my coupe a few times ,but thats simple compaired to this job
            I had taken the fuse box out of the door pillar and could see the broken part more clearly through the hole,and desided to try and weld it in situ,a bit scary, seeing all that smoke coming out of your car,but it was a success,and the car is back on the road.

Comment

Well done. Anything on the peddle box amounts to the worst job on the car...! You almost need to be able to stand on your head..

Glad its sorted..

Darren.

Comment

So am I mate, at times it looked impossible

Comment

Clutch pedal on the floor againbloody car.This time its the master cylinder push rod thats broken.Is it possible to change the push rod, or is it a new master cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                  X