Clutch Mc Push Rod Can You Change It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Mc Push Rod Can You Change It

The clutch master cylinder push rod on my s6 has snaped,is it posible to change the rod, or do you have to replace the hole cylinder.
    Also is the master cylinder on the s6 unique , or is it shared by any other models.

I think if you look it is a rod with a thred on the end??? ( I think thats what a mate of mine told me when mine snapped) If that is the case the rod should pull out from the cylinder... find another rod the right thickness and length and tap a thread and bobs your uncle...

When mine snapped a mate of mine who is a mechanic said something along the lines of it is basically a nut and bolt set up so he found one the right length for me and fitted it and fixing my non existant cluthc due to the rod having snapped for about £10 with his time and getting the items needed.

Comment

I have an almost new mc for a URS4 which has covered ~9k miles, have a receipt to prove. I'm not sure if it's the same an an S6 though.

I had the rod bend on my S2. Tried to get hold of a replacement rod but Audi don't sell them seperately and the threads on the cylinder were completely knackared so ended up buying new. Rusty was working and I think finished a rod saver device (not sure about a replacement) but it might be worth contacting him.

Comment

I have bought one from pete at quattro corner. but many thanks for your help guys.
        Now all I have to do is fit it

Comment

Working...
        X