Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying an s2 coupe 2.0lt can i make it quattro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying an s2 coupe 2.0lt can i make it quattro?

hi all this is my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place.

right to the question i need answering.

I am swapping my mk4 golf gti for a 2.0lt s2 coupe and i wanted to no how hard it would be to fit all the quattro running gear i.e shafts,diff,suspention, gear box ect

i want to no this cos i have a ur quattro engine sat in my shed i bought for £20 and is 300bhp would be a shame not to use it

thank you for looking
    gaz

All S2's were 2.2L not 2.0l and all were quattro AWD.

So, whatever you are buying, isn't an S2.
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
      All S2's were 2.2L not 2.0l and all were quattro AWD.
      Watch out for the Spanish and Italian markets, they *might* have had 1998 cc versions of the S2, like the 2.0L versions of the C4 UrSs that Abt did.

That said, whatever the engine, if it doesn't already have quattro, it isn't an S2. (Just a CQ)
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

It would be easier just to buy a Coupe which is already a quattro, and cheaper I bet.
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

It's not an S2 as Jas11n says wouldn't even bother buy a proper S2 from the off which is 2.2 turbo and quattro, cost you more to convert

Comment

A 300hp engine for £20 ?
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
              A 300hp engine for £20 ?
              Come with dot to dot dyno plot

Comment

ok so what i ment to say its the s2 shape (had just finished a 23 hour shift when i posted it) and i aint goin out and buying one as it says iv been offered a swap for a 2.0lt audi coupe same shape as s2

and yes 300bhp for £20 cos i helped a mate strip his ur to restor it he let me have it that cheap because he bought an x group b engine which has been fettled with and engine dynod and pulled 700bhp

so all that out of the way and i can get all the parts cheap as i no sumone who strips quattros how much work would it be to fit it? i.e. any chopping and weldin?

Comment

Biggest problem will be tranmission tunnel don't think the 2.0 is the same as the quattro, next concerns would be engine mounts and rear subframe mount.

Still say it's a lot of work when you can pick up something complete for less

Comment

o cos i got told the chell is the same for all of them i dont mind doin rear subframe and engine mount i just dont fancy cutting tunnel out thats alot of work and iv just done it to my mk1 golf to make that 4wd
                    from what iv been lookin on ebay a s2 is way to deer to buy as i only paid £700 for the golf im swapping for the audi looks like its goint to be r32 turbo engine goin in it now then lol

Comment

Buy a real S2 Coupe, (ABY), and chip it and you have a 280bhp S2, (quattro with 20v turbo), ready to drive, and no mucking about, and you'll know how much this route will cost you.

If you have to ask how to do it, you will find it too awkward to do.

And as Steve from C & R Enterprises says - never build a car you can go out and just buy ready done. Especially if looking to make a fwd into a quattro.

Sell the Golf privately for cash and put the funds towards an S2.

Trust the forum, it's BTDT.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_golf_gti View Post
                        o cos i got told the chell is the same for all of them i dont mind doin rear subframe and engine mount i just dont fancy cutting tunnel out thats alot of work and iv just done it to my mk1 golf to make that 4wd
                        from what iv been lookin on ebay a s2 is way to deer to buy as i only paid £700 for the golf im swapping for the audi looks like its goint to be r32 turbo engine goin in it now then lol
                        Even the Coupe Quattro had a different shell to the S2 shell, s2 was strengthed by Audi to handle the extra power

Comment

you need to chnage the floor pan & boot floor, add the rear subframe pickups.
                          You really going to cut those out of a CQ shell just convert a 10-a-penny 2.0l coupe?
                          Even with a CQ it is far far more work than you think to convert to S2 spec.
                          If you want an S2 just buy one from the off as everyone else has said.

Easiest way to use your "300hp" engine is to buy a CQ and a loom and drop it straight in. Then of course you need to upgfrade the brakes and suspension etc etc etc... the list goes on.
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ok i think i might just sell the ur engine or use it in the mk1 golf as that is running s1 quattro running gear and just stick a bam engine in out of the audi tt and make it 500bhp

i aint shy about gettin my hands dirty and so far iv built a rwd polo and am in the middle of building a 4wd mk1 golf

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_golf_gti View Post
                              ok i think i might just sell the ur engine or use it in the mk1 golf as that is running s1 quattro running gear and just stick a bam engine in out of the audi tt and make it 500bhp

i aint shy about gettin my hands dirty and so far iv built a rwd polo and am in the middle of building a 4wd mk1 golf
                              Pics of the "S1" running gear or it didn´t happen mate.
                              Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Working...
                              X