Fluid change on urS6 Autobox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid change on urS6 Autobox ?

Does anyone have a pdf of the workshop manual section on how to go about changing the gearbox fluid on a '96 urS6 autobox ?

I have the correct fluid, replacement filter / strainer and it's matching gasket.

Just need some info.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
    Does anyone have a pdf of the workshop manual section on how to go about changing the gearbox fluid on a '96 urS6 autobox ?

I have the correct fluid, replacement filter / strainer and it's matching gasket.

Just need some info.

Thanks for any help.
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52764
    1997 S6 Avant

Comment

Dave,

Thanks for the link.

If anyone else has any further info, please post as I am keen to get this job right first time.

Don't want to have the expense and grief of having to change the auto box because I rushed or got the procedure wrong through lack of prior information.

Could be a bit paranoid, as a mate's RS6 box was broken by a dealer that did it wrong. Dealer side stepped the issue. Cost him thousands to put right.

Thanks again.

Comment

Update,

After we changed the fluid on the gearbox we found that there is a big shunt in the drivetrain that was not there beforehand.

We followed the instructions as per the Bentley manual. Ended up putting in about .8 of a litre in more than we took out as that's what it appeared to need.

Have we overfilled it or made some other mistake ?

Any help would be appreciated. We used the correct fluid and the strainer as sourced from the Dealer.

Haven't driven it anymore as I don't want to do any permanent damage.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

In the cold weather there is a good slap between 1st and second after a cold start iirc. If it hasn't been out for a few days + new oil, I'd suggest bringing her for a gentle spin to warm things up.

Failing that was the oil that came out particularly thicker or thinner?
            Shane

Comment

Relieved !

Update.

Due to the Cabrio leaking in the mad heavy rain yesterday evening and the matrix being disconnected ages ago, (leaked with old age), and so as a result it has no hot demist facilty, I took the S6 this morning out of necessity, and after a while of the gearbox oil, either or both, warming up and getting around the box, the box is fine.

Might be slighty smoother than before.

Was intimdated by this before the oil was changed with Mark, but having done it there's not much to it. Famous last words.

After a week or so in the B4 2.6 v6 fwd Cabrio, the S6 body and ANN poke and 4wd is lovely.

This weekend will mean dash out and carpet out for the Cabrio.

Looking forward to the return of the B4 S2 Avant though.

Comment

Good news then David, did you encounter any big puddles in the flooding up there. Madness.

Looking forward to the return of the B4 S2 Avant though.
                Any timescale for this monster to growl? Is the engine back?
                Shane

Comment

No puddles, engine's back, hopefully this side of Christmas, but not guaranteed.

How's the silver S2 getting on ? Must phone you soon to catch up.

Comment

No puddles, engine's back, hopefully this side of Christmas, but not guaranteed.

How's the silver S2 getting on ? Must phone you soon to catch up.
                    good stuff keep us posted on progress;

The silver car almost flew through the nct. Most notably it needs 2 shocks at the back, anything else was just niggles iirc. Craig got a set of very tidy avus 16" off someone on here and I think it's lined up for some paint. I was in it a few weeks back when he was home. it's a fine car. I think it's in storage pretty much until christmas now.
                    Shane

Comment

Working...
                    X