6 speed linkage into urq with s2 running gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 speed linkage into urq with s2 running gear

Out of interest what have people done? So far i've heard 6 different methods and not got one to work properly.

Has anyone got a firm answer to what works and whats the best way to go?

pete come see me and il show you AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by will20v View Post
      pete come see me and il show you AGAIN
      hey mate

I did try the method you said on saturday after dropping the subframe to remove the s2 linkage that was on the car. The urs4 one when fitted has two issue's.

1. the crossover bar that goes to the drivers side catches on a fitting on the top of the dsy box (looks like a big plastic nut) not sure if its because its a dsy box as i've not checked it against my s2 boxes.

2. when fitted and the subframe bolted back up due the above it twists the linkage around and it catches on the transmission tunnel and you cannot straighten it.

I've been tempted to see if I can bend the crossover section slightly to clear the fitting but ran out of time last weekend so currently the car does not have a linkage fitted.

I have heard a few different methods so far:

1. urs4 front section - urq rear (the urq rear isn't drilled and tapped for the bolt to hold both sections together)

2. s2 front - urs4 rear, the urs4 rear section isn't long enough to join up

3. full s2 setup - this would require the transmission from a b3/4 cut and welded in which i'd like to avoid.

4. s2 front with the s2 shifter section mounted on a audi 100 tower/raised housing

5. s2 front with coupe gt rear section - this one i've not tried yet

Comment

just come see me and i will show you mate its easy

Comment

lol I hope so, i'll pop up this weekend

Comment

ok mate no worries

Comment

There are a few issues to overcome, most are relevant for a Ur as well as my Cq, just ignore the info on the change to mechanical speedo and drive shaft flanges.

http://www.quattro.ca/6%20speed%20article.pdf
              1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
              2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
              2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Here is my approach, leaves the shift rod stock and no welding of the inner shift gate etc.

more on my build pages on MG

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...32078&start=50
                www.quattro.ca
                B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X