Clutch master bother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch master bother

bought a master cylinder for my `95 aby only to find out the thread is m6 rather than m8, audi want £180 for a master so I`m going to drill out a m8 bolt to 4mm then tap it to m5 thread, to make a sleave has any on done any thing similar?
    Last edited by jamie9048; 23 December 2011, 20:52.

Sure you can find one cheaper than that ?, bit extreme measure, tapping it out

Cheers

Steve
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Yeah, it's a faff just get a new cleat or one off a non S2 car, as they're smaller bore.

Try S2avant for a bit of forum discount on VAG stuff or Pete Reeve at quattro corner.

MC was £120+ from VAG Parts back in the day so totally believe that it's now that price and you can't just go to GSF etc.

I did a thread recently and a possible alternative was discussed.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Done! drilled and tapped a m8 bolt cut the thread inserted with thread lock and bobs your uncle!

I got 15% discount from TPS and it would have been 170 plus vat for a genuine new one.

Two extra nuts and two washers round the very bottom for extra support measured the same as original for the pedal height
        Last edited by jamie9048; 23 December 2011, 20:55.

Comment

I bought a new pagid 3b one from eurocarparts £48 cut the thread off at the nut and welded a 8mm bolt in it,s place onto the flat nut piece and bingo fitted a treat and works brill.need to cut flush so the bolt sits nice and flat and just tack it.

Comment

Working...
          X