The 4'th clutch gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 4'th clutch gone

After a week of city slow driving i gave my urs4 aan a wot in third gear.Surprise:at 3000 rev started to slip.
    My history of clutches is:
    1.Dual mass fly with disc broken in 1 month with no launch -SACHS
    2.Dual mass fly with disc broken in a same short period with no launch -SACHS
    3.Single mass RR fly 3b kit with plate broken in half year WITH NO LAUNCH -SACHS
    4.Single mass RR fly 3b kit with slip 1 year later WITH NO LAUNCH. Again SACHS

I am tired of them.
    The clutch starts to work at midle trip of pedal,not in the end.There is no oil leak.I guess plate is made of sxxt and it is not pressing the disc good enough.
    Both 3b kits feeled like the easyest clutch to press.In comparation my 2.5 tdi vw lt or my 2.6 100 c4 feels like you need both feet to press the clutch.
    3082919001 3b plate
    1862625001 3b disc
    Are this codes used in your country or only here?

Fxxk them.And theyr mothers.Sachs shock absorbers NEW died in 2 months on my van and on my urs.
    Is our country to blame for sxxts imported?Do you get same?
    Last edited by pasbogdan; 6 January 2012, 21:27.

Go for a southbend clutch

Comment

May be an option for my b2 cq project,it will"benefit" of hard launches,slipping the clutch in moments when turbo is not producing boost yet etc.
      But for this aan with 1.5 bar peak i will look for an old 3b used STRONG OE plate.I want to press the clutch with both feets.I found OE NEW plate at about 120 eur.But the old broken one has to be traded in excange.So,the OE NEW one it is not NEW it is remanufactured.
      I bet the disc is good and if it's not i have 3 sets of almost NEW friction plates from my old NEW dead clutches.
      This s4 is not a drag or track car.I never kill it.I even avoid 1'st and 2.nd gear wot.
      Only 1 time i forced the things with a car trailer coupled at s4 and on trailer a x5 bmw.I started from 80km/hour to pass a bling bling 318 e46 bmw.If that caused death i am happy with the bling bling bmw owner face But that should kill the disc not the plate.
      That is why i am nervous.

Comment

Sounds to me like you are getting fake china crap , not real SACHS.

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
          Sounds to me like you are getting fake china crap , not real SACHS.
          I agree!!! I changed an clutch to an Vauxhall cavalier 1 year ago...now is gone....the oem one lasted 230k km....this one 9000km...same driver....soo cant say it's drivers fault...
          I am sure we receive here china s...t at higher prices.

Comment

Turkey makes a lot of crap as well. Had issues with 'genuine' GKN driveshaft boots and steering rack stuff... got brittle after 2 winters in the salty roads.
            For some parts it is quite obvious, i had a rear damper via Ebay for 13 eur ex delivery... you know it can't be good.

Comment

I see my Stage1+ tune is working well then?
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
              X