RS2 front inner CV joint info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 front inner CV joint info?

Any info (part no's etc) for the joint and boot? I had the driver side outer CV joint and boot replaced a couple of months back, seems the inner boot is torn and devoid of grease; at least the boot and possible the joint needs doing too

I've not driven the RS2 for 2 weeks as I had a bit of a nightmare drive - I popped the throttle body hose jubilee clip off WOT in 3rd, developed a loud metallic speed-dependent rattle as I limped home and then the next day the battery was completely dead and unchargeable!

So the clip has been replaced, new battery installed and today i spent an hour under the car, removed some stones from the propshaft heatshield and checked all the driveshafts for something that could be catching (nothing) but still the rattle. A quick test drive, up to temp and a WOT 2nd gear pull and it dissapeared, although it came back a few miles later. Perhaps there's something stuck in the CV joint heat shield because, sound feasable? I don't think the noise is due to the torn CV boot I discovered, it's too rattly (?)

On a plus - had good fun trouncing some lad in his spanking new BMW 1-series... debadged and quick, prob a 123d, he embarrased some guy in an AMG who backed out of a pass and lined up to do me at the lights. Let him have me in 1st and then from 3.5k-7k in 2nd I went from a few carlengths behind to a few in front
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Inner CV boot is 443 498 201 B, which reminds me i need to replace one for a forum member.

I bought a spurious boot kit but discovered when fitting the mounting flange on the gearbox side (where the large metal clamp goes around) has a half moon shape so the boot sits down into it, the spurious boot i bought had a flat mounting face so there is two different types. As with everything buy the Audi Part so your guaranteed its the right one.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
    X