New gearknob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gearknob

Got my latest bargin from ebay yesterday so just fitted it up. Gonna go for a spin in a minute and see what it feels like driving.

only cost me 17.50 inc p&p so couldnt go wrong, was listed as £53 +vat on vagparts so im happy.

Greg
    Attached Files
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

I want one of them but they have too many gears listed on the picture! LOL
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tha alcantara knobs do feel good - they just wear out quickly
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
        Got my latest bargin from ebay yesterday so just fitted it up. Gonna go for a spin in a minute and see what it feels like driving.

only cost me 17.50 inc p&p so couldnt go wrong, was listed as £53 +vat on vagparts so im happy.

Greg
        From "emsltd" by any chance? I got one the same a couple of months ago,,,paid £28.50 for mine though,,,,so you got a better bargain than me.
        It matches the carpets and seats in mine (cream), but can get a little dirty after a couple of weeks.
        Anyone know of a product that cleans alcantara??

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          Tha alcantara knobs do feel good - they just wear out quickly
          Doug watch what you say about knobs feeling good
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings

Maybe you could try putting it in the washing machine ?
            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
              From "emsltd" by any chance? I got one the same a couple of months ago,,,paid £28.50 for mine though,,,,so you got a better bargain than me.
              It matches the carpets and seats in mine (cream), but can get a little dirty after a couple of weeks.

No was from philphotos someone, philip walker i think his name is. From RS246.com, he knows lee afaik.
              will have to make sure i have clean hands when im driving, changed my mats to black ones because the cream ones kept getting so dirty.

Gave the gear gator a polish today, saves me buyings a new one, just used a bit of boot polish.

Greg
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                Gave the gear gator a polish today, saves me buyings a new one, just used a bit of boot polish.

Greg
                The best thing to use on leather is saddle soap, this feeds the leather, keeps it flexible. Wax is best for protecting against the wet and giving a good shine. If you have dry hands you use hand cream not wax, it's the same for leather.

As for protecting your leathery knob......... http://www.lifestyles.com/

David

Comment

yess,i will try with the handcrem first!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have new gearknob an my A6, but mine's aluminium and the gate lights up red as with the rest of the dash and work s with the dimmer!!!! also bought off ebay. just had to wire into the lighting circuit!
                    Chris
                    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Cool, got any pics Chris??
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

hmmm. will have a look for you tom.
                        A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Tom, found it... he's still selling them... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...927465847&rd=1

Comment

Kit comes with a couple of different gate tops and you specify red or blue when ordering. i wired mine into light circuit so it only illuminates when lilghts are on. one bit of advice is when you have fitted put some loctite on the grub screws to stop them coming undone. other than that I had to file a groove in the gaiter sleeve to hide the wire.
                            HTH
                            chris

Comment

If you want to see it fitted on my car let me know and I will try and get a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X