weird gearbox CBD box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird gearbox CBD box.

While tuning VEMS,the car's stationary I heard some weird knocking noise like
    the bad A/C compressor but much more quieter.the knocking sound comes out of
    My gearbox.once I press the clutch pedal,the knocking noise is gone.Once I release
    The clutch pedeal,the noise just came back again.sometime I try to release the
    the pedal gradually until fully let off the pedal.there's no noise as well.
    the clutch is soothbernd 3+,DMFW,needle,throw out bearling was brand new once I first done
    Trans conversion last 15,000kms.the gear shifts smoothly and never noticed
    any whining noise on any gears.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

The CBD and DMFW got a used from UrS4 donor car.anyone ever heard some Internal bearing or syncro
    Inside the gearbox before.Can I still run the gearbox w/o any issues.I still have another CBD gearbox
    laying around but replacing the gearbox is PITA.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyLaB...yer_embedded#!

Comment

Know that sound.
        Never found out what was it..
        It was present only now and then.
        I was running dm fly and 5 gear gbox then.
        Exactly that sound apeared on a 1.9 tdi skoda when changed dm to sm fly...

Comment

I'm so surprised I posted the problem a few website.it seems so many folks
          got this chatter/knocking sound on the clutch/gearbox but no one stated anything
          about thing went wrong on the noise and no one ever found the culprIt of the noise.
          It's kinda weird that when I gently/slowly release the clutch pedal until it's fully let off.
          There's no knocking noise coming out.

Comment

Ajarn, like I commented on your video, I think it is your throw out bearing.
            '96 UrS6 auto PRJ chipped E85
            '95 80Q AEB VEMS E85

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisAudi80 View Post
              Ajarn, like I commented on your video, I think it is your throw out bearing.
              Thanks Chris,I just got a config file from loxxrider.Still have no time to upload it tho,

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
                Thanks Chris,I just got a config file from loxxrider.Still have no time to upload it tho,
                You did? Cool. I hope it goes well.
                I saw that P'Krieng has some strange issues with his idle settings.
                '96 UrS6 auto PRJ chipped E85
                '95 80Q AEB VEMS E85

Comment

Working...
                X