Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Coupe Quattro 2.8E gearbox

Good day all

I own a 1995 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.8E with the V6 12v AAH motor. CPN coded 01A gearbox
    I live in South Africa and parts are very scarce.

Recently my gearbox decided to die. The reverse gear split damaged the main shaft on the gearing spline, cracked the rear housing and I am told i need new bearings all round.
    The guy tells me this will cost me 15000 Rand ( about 1500 pounds).

On the other hand I have managed to find a DJP gearbox also a 01A which is off of a 1996 Audi A4 2.8 for 7000 Rand ( about 700 pounds)

Some of the gear ratios are different but the overall final drive is the same at 3.889

I have to ship the box from up country which will cost an arm and a leg and I don't want to get it here and discover the shaft doesnt fit my clutch or the gearbox is longer or the drive shafts were different.

Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated.

Or alternatively if you have any knowledge as to which gearbox would fit directly onto my car.
    I have searched high an low in South Africa and due to the rarity of my car the is no identical CPN gearbox nor a CBR which I discovered was also released on the car.

Regards
    Carl

There ought to be a box available from someone on here or in the UK somewhere,If you find one I can sort you out with dirt cheap shipping to SA

Comment

AAH engine does have 240mm outer diameter lamell; but i think the spline in the senter are the same; beacuse you may use any audi tranny from 1988 and to this day... they does ahve the same boltpattern as the 5pot ; some of the trannys does have double boltpattern too for the 4 pot too ( diesel or petrol) so; you may use any tranny from a car with have r5 or v6 or v8... for sure ( remember the gearkode) and you may use the 6tr tranny too... some of minor differents are the as the propshaftyoke, gearlink and like this...change it from the broken tranny..

Comment

Working...
      X