No announcement yet.

Recommendation: the most reliable Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you need on these cars for 700nm is a SRE pressure plate and the stock disc.

I don't know why people make their lives so complicated with all kind of brand name kits, when this is a dead simple proven solution, and comes out cheaper than most kits.
    Not to mention it is very reliable as well.

Had this in my UrS6, now have basically the same in my RS4 and so on.
    The only time you will need something stronger is on a car that goes to the drag strip regularly.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
      All you need on these cars for 700nm is a SRE pressure plate and the stock disc.

I don't know why people make their lives so complicated with all kind of brand name kits, when this is a dead simple proven solution, and comes out cheaper than most kits.
      Not to mention it is very reliable as well.

Had this in my UrS6, now have basically the same in my RS4 and so on.
      The only time you will need something stronger is on a car that goes to the drag strip regularly.
      Thats good to know though the kit I bought comes with the first stage disc too so hopefully never have to touch it again. Website states a conservative 540Nm
      1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
      2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
      2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

I am running a Helix paddle clutch in mine and its held up fine on the dyno and drag strip. I also know that Baz runs one in his mk2 golf. Keith Edwards also runs one in his Pikes Peak quattro.

It doesn't is nice and progressive and not an on off switch like some.

Comment

Evertything can be broken.

Here an example of a Sachs RACE engineering clutch going wrong.

This was on a R32 Turbo .

Completely destroyed the gearbox.

He bought a new rebuild gearbox and a newer type of Sachs clutch.

Still going strong now. 480 hp 620 nm.

Comment

A Bit down on pressure thats why less result, But this was the car with the broken clutch.

Comment

Working...
            X