Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time gain : stock vs dogbox vs sequential.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time gain : stock vs dogbox vs sequential.

Some info nedded from experienced user (real life examples preffered).
    I have a bit of dillema between incresing horsepower, and changing gearbox.
    Realistically speaking how much time gain does a dog gearbox kit (par 1-4) over a stock gearbox, and the same dogbox vs dogsequential.

So jumping form stock to dogbox - 0.xx sec better / or procentage
    dogbox - to sequential - 0.xx better .

I know that is related to car, but with dyno chart , and gear ratio you can get a pretty good simulation.

I am sure that Aaron (SpeedingG60) will be able to give you some good info
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Hopefully it is not the only one , i know he bought a dog kit (par) , but i dont know if he tried it or not ?

Comment

actually, i am just putting the finishing touches on the car now and hope to run it here in the next few weeks. i still have a bit to do, then align, then re-dyno (stepped up from a 63mm turbo @ 740 AWHP/568wtq and now running 67mm Billet turbo).

my PAR gearset was a custom made ratio, made per my needs and based on my goals, car weight, power, tire size, etc. i dont REALLY want to run much greater than 155 mph, and i really dont think i have a chance at lower than 9.3 sec on the setup now. all the BIG ET cars over there run a 26" slick, i run 24.5".

i will definitely be able to tell you more here in the next 3-4 weeks, but today all i can say is that i cant WAIT to run the car!

Comment

i am just doing some sequential shift research, and came across this. i have run 9.34 @ 153.7 with my gearbox. made 8 back to back 9 second passes...

with 9.34 and 9.36 being the best two.

funny, thats about what i predicted in March.

BUT, i will be going back out in a few weeks to try and better those numbers before i step up to a new shifting method

i shift only by lifting throttle right now.

Comment

Working...
          X