Looking for UrS4 Autobox help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for UrS4 Autobox help.

Apparently only the very early UrS4 autoboxes came with a filler tube and dipstick. Two fellows in New Zealand have 94 UrS4s with autoboxes and no filler/dipsticks are looking for info and/or parts. Apparently the parts are NLA new from Audi. Anybody with spare tubes and dipsticks or would be able to take photos and measure dimenstions for them? All I could find was this:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Dave,iirc there are 3 differences length on the filler tube on 4HP-18FLA on UrS cars.Yes i have 2 4HP-18FLA.one taken from '95 which the sump has
    not oil filler plug(you will need to fill gear oil from filler tube).the other box has oil filler plug(fill the oil through this) but non-oil filler tube.the exceeded oil will blow by the breather hose from top of the gearbox.
    Last edited by popdemonic; 12 May 2012, 07:12.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I helped a forum member change his oil/filter in an S6, no dipstick as its a late model car but you just fill it to the level of the hole with the engine running, oil temp >40c and cycle through the gears to tease out the airlocks. I also found it made life much easier to fill the sump with oil before fitting it to the gearbox, less messing about trying to get hose's and funnels routed down into the filler hole
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

bit late in the day but....

measurement is 239mm to the end,this one falls out of the red piece without much effort,and another s4 I have in at the moment has the actual stick piece missing altogether
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
          bit late in the day but.... measurement is 239mm to the end,this one falls out of the red piece without much effort,and another s4 I have in at the moment has the actual stick piece missing altogether
          Thanks, late but good info. I will pass it along to the NZ UrS4 guys.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
          X