Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01A gearbox (2.8 C4)

hello
    well my question is how much HP can handle it 01A gearbox from audi a6 2.8 C4
    my plan is to drive this gearbox on v8 ABZ engine (300HP).
    will that gearbox be fine for it? or I have to find 01e?
    tnx

with nice use; it will last for a while....for dragrace use( in the street) very mutch shorter time....the ratio will fit the rear end???

Comment

well what happened..
      I bought A8 4.2 ABZ 300HP , and decide to converte tiptronic to manual gearbox. than I find one guy which had parts for sale from a8 2.8 ACK engine and manual 5 speed 01A gearbox. I buy rear diff , prop shaft , left and right drive shaft, clutch,brake pedal , everithing was ready to take engine out and convert it to manual.
      my friend have one 01E gearbox , and he said.. come and take it. perfect..
      but now I fin out that dimensions of 01A and 01E gearbox are not the same.. so what I done.. take all of this parts for nothing..?
      now I must find other gearbox, O1A and everything will be fine.
      I know where is one gearbox from a6 c4 2.8 quattro, they are 01A, but could they handle with 300 hp is a quastion..
      I will use that car for daily drive. nothing special. just drive around .
      WHAT DO YOU THING???
      can that be ok?

Comment

use the 01a kit: no prob.... the OLD 016 take 8-900hp... so 01a will take the HP and torque...

Comment

i disagree.... the order (that i understand strength) is wide 01E > narrow 01E > 016 > 01A.

over here, a friend of mine has drag raced his heavy A4 with 01A trans. > 600 AWHP. and not killed but a couple trans, mostly 1st gear.

i personally would try to use the 01E first. and the 01A only if i had to. but the 01A should handle the 300 CHP fine i would think. depends on how you drive it.

Comment

I would like to go on 01e too because I have it for free, almost.
            the problem is my other parts which is not compatible with 01e.
            is ALL 01A gearboxes the same dimensions?

Comment

not very mutch difference between the trannys... the inne jokes may be diff... ( easy to change)... the length maybee. so ypu may bee ned a longer propchaft.. does the 01e have the same ratio/gearcode??some trannys does have the double boltpattern, but they does fit the engine

Comment

I spoke to friend and he will take o1e , and I will take his 01A from audi c4 , DJN is code of gearbox
                gearbox ratio is 37:9 , just like my diff forom a8 CGV 37:9, my prop shaft and drive shaft is from audi a8 2.8 ACK engine and this car had 01A gearbox. soo that could be plug n play. will that be ok?
                what do you thing?

Comment

my car is holding a nice condition 01a. ASZ box from a coupe quattro...with a k26/27 ,1.9 bar and 1.5 to 7000 rpm.

This box is the shortest 01a one. Makes the car. Very fun to drive
                  RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                  BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                  LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

if 01A work well with your setup Rocco, and Nm from your engine , than I don't have to worry for my ABZ 300HP.
                    tnx friend..

Comment

hmm whats the gearbox code on the 3B 5speed gearbox?
                      It´s just a question of time..
                      http://www.garaget.org/?car=287344

Comment

Working...
                      X