ABY Clutch master cylinder 8->6mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY Clutch master cylinder 8->6mm

My clutch master was leaking so i bought a Sachs replacement part (number: 6284 998 901 10227) from local carparts store. When I remowed the old part (made by boge) I noticed that it had a 8mm thread in it and the new part has 6mm thread. Is the new master ment to go for a different model (for instance a cabrio)?

Should I return the newly purchased master and buy a orginal one or modify the linkage to fit the 6mm thread? What do you think?

Last edited by Vauhtiveikko; 3 June 2012, 16:11.
    S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

I personally would return it and get a proper fitting part.

Andrew
    //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

I have a Sachs one in mine but it was 8mm thread like the old one, also shiny alloy not black so you may have a different one. Infact mine had the rubber flexible part too so i would suspect you were given the wrong one.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I returned the one and ordered a genuine version for little more money. All of the data showed that what ever the brand would have been, the partnumber would have been the same as the one I had. So not worth of risking to get the wrong part again.
        S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

Comment

At some point they increased the diameter of the master cylinder push rod, possibly between the 3B & ABY but I'm not sure. They are a definite weak link in the system, even the 8mm rods bend quite easily. If they do bend some people say that this is a sign of a tired clutch so you should get that checked out before you bend another rod. The 6mm rod version should fit and work just fine it will just break sooner.

Comment

Working...
          X