Sachs Clutch for UR-quattro not holding¡¡

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sachs Clutch for UR-quattro not holding¡¡

hello guys, i have a friend who has a Ur-quattro ,originally WR engine buut now it has ABY engine + stock turbo mapped.

he has stock UR-QUATTRO gearbox and i imagine single-mass flywheel.

the problem came vere recently, it started to slide the clutch in the larguer gears...as it is normal. Ok,the last clutch service was in the year 2000.

so he dediced to buy a normal Sasch clutch for his WR 200Hp old engine and after installed it the clutch is again sliding¡¡¡

on a quattro forum some people advised him that those clutches made to hold the oem 200HP factory power cant hold now his around 280Hp with it´s normal torque ( 450nm maybe? )

so now he would like to know what kind of clutch to buy for his car with UR quattro gearbox.

i told him that it is very strange,because it should hold at least for 2 months

he also says that the old clutch was not very tired¡¡ and the new one is sliding more than before with the older one¡¡

so,WTF can be his problem??

the cuth pedal works fine he says
    he installed a complet set of clutch and pressure plate

thanks for helping him
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Sounds to me like the thrust bearing is pressing on the pressure plate all the time
    causing the spring pressure on the pressure plate to be low.

Comment

Is he using the dual mass flywheel ? If he is then what I just said above will be happening.

Comment

thanks

i will ask him about if he knows what kind of flywheel has... becaue he did not the ABY engine conversion...he bought done
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Had a similar problem on a vw t4 after changing a seemingly unworn clutch the new one slipped 2 months later. After replacing everything at the box end I tuned my attention to the pedal end a bodged pedal box which was applying very very slight pressure on master cylinder all the time causing concentric to press slightly on pressure plate. Is it worth checking that the master cylinder is at full rest...? Im not familiar with your friends car so may talking tosh but worth checking

Comment

Glazed flywheel face, possibly adding to your problem.

Comment

Did he change the pressure plate too or just the disc.

Comment

And if it is Glazed the flywheel will probably need to be skimmed/machined.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

the cuth pedal works fine he says

thanks for helping him

Comment

Working...
                  X