01E gearbox- how to put 6.gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01E gearbox- how to put 6.gear

well I bought s8 d2 and wan't to convert it from tiptronic to manual gearbox.
    I get one O1E CET gearbox from urS4, which have 5 speed and it is possible to convert it to 6 speed box.
    I also find out that is possible to put it 6. gear from some disel gearbox.
    now my question's are:
    is there some link with tutorial how to do it?
    can I use this gears only from quattro gearbox, or it could be FWD?
    I would like to buy some disel gearbox and be 100% sure that everithing what I need for this conversation is in this gearbox. it must match 100%.
    do you maybe know which gearbox it is?
    tnx
    best regards
    Igor

It won't be easy. Things get changed on both the main and secondary shafts. Here is one example:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/184736.phtml
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Keep Calm and Carry on (issue with Quick Reply)
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

no you cant use FWD parts AFAIK.
        if you are getting a Diesel gearbox for parts use the diesel gearbox.

yes, you CAN use a 5 speed as the base but there are parts you are going to need from the 6 speed. things like the shift rod that the linkage connects to, the 6th gearset, some other little bits in the back half of the trans. needle bearing, circlip cover, spacer/bushing.

the Diesel gearbox should be a stronger unit from the start. the 5-speed most likely has the narrow (physically) first gear, which is said to be inherently weaker. and does not have the hollow flexible input shaft.

EDIT: the picture shows most of these parts, other than the shifter rod.

Comment

OMG... THE END of topic...
          this game will not be possible. there are lot of work and parts which I don't have.
          cheeper option is to buy other 6 speed gearbox.

Comment

yes it is posible,you nedd one 01a gearbox,and one from 2.5 tdi-DQT gearbox!all parts are interchangeable!work perfekt!

Comment

Working...
            X