Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of 016 to RR flywheel with wr clutch

Hi guys.
    Just want to be sure im installing the clutch correctly. im in the middle of installing an AAN into my URQ with an RR flywheel and my WR clutch and plate.
    Has anyone any pics of the clutch fitted to an RR flywheel as i feel as if mine doesnt look right,it seems to tight when im bolting up the bolts.
    Maybe im just paranoid
    Any pics would be great
    84 URQ 20VT
    95 avant 80 TDI
    87 CQ

Originally posted by turbodriver63 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Just want to be sure im installing the clutch correctly. im in the middle of installing an AAN into my URQ with an RR flywheel and my WR clutch and plate.
    Has anyone any pics of the clutch fitted to an RR flywheel as i feel as if mine doesnt look right,it seems to tight when im bolting up the bolts.
    Maybe im just paranoid
    Any pics would be great
    No pics because it is not going to work.
    WR clutch will not work with RR flywheel, you ned RR clutch.
    WR flywheel has a dish and RR does not, hence the mismatch.

Attached is a photo of RR flywheel and RR clutch.
    BTW RR setup is identical to 200q20v.
    Hope this helps
    Attached Files
    www.quattro.ca
    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

ah crap.
      So i either use the old heavy WR flywheel setup or buy an RR clutch and plate.
      Crap.
      84 URQ 20VT
      95 avant 80 TDI
      87 CQ

Comment

If you are considering tuning in the future you my want to upgrade the clutch beyond RR, if you are buying a new one anyway.

Comment

you have to use wr clutch drive plate and 3b cover if you have a manual difflock gearbox

Comment

Just changed my clutch
            Attached Files
            93 S2 Avant Parting
            91 URQ RR
            02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

When i put an ABY into my typ85 90 i used a WR flywheel and new WR clutch and fitted a roller bearing in the end of the crank to support the gearbox input. The WR flywheel has a dish to it which is probably quite bad as far as heat dissipation goes though but still works.

Comment

thinking about it again. i will probably just go with the WR Flywheel and clutch setup as mine is nearly new.
                It will do for the time being even tho i dont believe it is a great design to it in comparison to an RR flywheel.
                84 URQ 20VT
                95 avant 80 TDI
                87 CQ

Comment

The only other way around it is to have the centre of a 7A /3B flywheel machined out to the same diameter as the WR one. Fit the spiggot bearing in the back of the crank, use a 3B pressure plate and the UR friction plate.
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X