Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01E in URquattro?

Hi guys,

I have a plan to put 01E tranny in my URquattro, so my question is what do I need for that swap except tranny off course and other Coupe/80/90 rear diff with 4.11 ratio?

Do I need some adapters or something like that, precisely are the 016 and 01E the same length?
    Audi URquattro 4.2l, Dodge Charger 7.3l, Golf 4 TDI 4Motion

01E is DGU from Audi S6+, just to mention

Comment

Originally posted by shone190 View Post
      Do I need some adapters or something like that, precisely are the 016 and 01E the same length?
      No, it's only 1-2cm difference. At leat mine 4cyl 016 and DGU

You need gearbox mounts (homemade, 034motorsport, RS2, etc...), starter, front driveshafts that match needed length. I just found them at home from b2 90 fwd. Other one I swapped left with right.

oh, well, read this http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31240
      5vtq gte

Comment

Great info

I measured 016 and 01E DGU I have and as I see they are the same length. Also, there is some difference with front drive shaft positions, they are moved for about 1cm on one side, so I'll need to customize something with drive shafts, something like you did

Comment

Let us know how you get on - Sounds interesting
          Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

I will need some investigations about rear differential and flange shafts. I know that there are some differences, UR flanges are 108mm and most of other diffs with 4.11 ratios are with 100mm

Comment

only change the tkanges; the senter does have a in6 ( umbrako) take this out, and use the kind you need for the prophafts....thooose flanges who doesnt have m have a outside feder in the flanges, so if you pull hard, they will come out..

Comment

The best option will be that rear drive shafts of UR and drive shafts that I got with this 4.11 rear diff are the same length. In that case I will swap complete diffs with drive shafts

@caterpillar

So in case that drive shafts are not the same length, I can swap only drive shafts without diff flanges?

Comment

the drivechafts are 3pc unit; and the length are different too; maybe....the audi vw are made of several parts; but its like the LEGO, you may use different parts for the propchafts, and build what you need...
                  i have a vw32b quantum( passat).. with 2,2liter inject engine, audi tranny, and audi 90 diff, and in the front end the struth and bearinghouse are from a audi mod 89 2,3 20v.. with s2 farb.... and wishbone from a audi 80 diesel 91-93...
                  and flence in the tranny from audi 200 and propshafts from audi 90 20v.... just bolt on, no weldin ( the wheelhubs does now have the double boltpattern 4x100 and 4x108).... but 280 x22 brakes !!!

Comment

Great, so at the end I can combine all of the parts I have and make it works

Comment

Here is my project and details on 6-speed into Ur-q are in the thread.

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32078

Hope this helps
                      www.quattro.ca
                      B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                      B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Great link, I'm going to read and ask you for help if there is something I don't understand

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X