Snub Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snub Mount

its been a while since i posted anything about this.

got all the parts together and the people at powerflex are back off hols etc so the parts will be getting sent to them to develop it for us.

If your wondering what im on about see.

The S4 snub mount#

basically they replace the OE rubber version and are poly ones which have less compliance and so dont move as much. This should help make the gearchange more predictable on the S2's esp the 6 speeders which seem to suffer from it most.

I dont expect them to cost much either. Will be a first for an S2 part i know

Once i have some more details will stick it in a group purchase hopefully.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Got a little bit of an update for you on this one.

The parts have finally gone off to powerflex now and just waiting for them to work their magic, so once i have some more details we should be able to arrange buying a few.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg,

any more news on the snub mount yet?

Mark.
      Mark - Modded

Comment

All good things come to those who wait
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

All good things come to those who wait
          Never been good at that, its a bit like saving up for something, thats why my credit cards are smoking

By the way found this excellent mod to the snub mount bracket on Javad shadzi's 80tq site, should really keep things tight .

Mark.
          Attached Files
          Mark - Modded

Comment

Going to be changing mine soon. Any tips? Is it a full front end off jobby or can it be done with most things in place?

Comment

Holy necrothread batman. Nearly 11year old thread?

Once the aux rad is out of the way, the snub receiver on the cross member can be removed with two bolts ,it splits in 2 and can be removed then you have access to the snub rubber.
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Yeah saw that, but thought better to add to thread then start a new one.

Does the Aux rad need to come out or can it be moved out of the way? Got a nice Apikol one to go in and will send the plate off for powder coating with all the subframes, wishbones and arbs

Comment

If you undid the middle slam panel you can fold the rad out of the way.

Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Nice.

All makes good sense. Cheers

Comment

Not sure about an 'S' car, but on my 7A I just did it lying on my back with a decent 1/4" socket set...

Comment

Working...
                      X