Button clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button clutch

Does someone have any info of the button actioned clutch used in group b?
    It was an electromagnetic power actuator or was it hydraulic?
    What do you think about using it when downshifting with left foot on brake and right foot kept on accelerator?To obtain a sharp response when needed to slide the car or exit the corner.Sometimes you can change to correct gear before corner but most of time you can not get the correct gear for the most slower part of a corner(in advance and get left foot on brake never touching the clutch pedal) and that means time lost and fun too.I know this job will be done with a dogbox but it will not justify at hobby rallying.
    Regards,

worth also looking into the boxes in the old volvo brick turbo's, they use a button to change from 4th into 5th.

Comment

You should consider the ALS option as well, instead of expensive old DSG solution.

Comment

The als is not the cheapest option also and will not do the job ok without left foot braking.
        And "als" will keep turbine spinning that combating boost threshold.But with throttle slightly opened to get air into engine to help "banging" will not mean resonable boost.
        Maybe my experience with als is not sufficient but what boost can be read on gauge with als on and enginebraking?(considering a normal setup of manifold,turbine,mild als,no money to change manifold,turbine and valves after each race)
        Last edited by pasbogdan; 31 October 2012, 21:49.

Comment

I seen in an S1 on Youtube and I understand what you want pasbogdan.I think that the switch is electric and you have another switch on the top of gear knob. You have an electrovalve and a electric pump that will activate the clutch slave cylinder.

Look in the clip at 0:49. Is it what you want ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAnn...ure=plpp_video
          Last edited by ManiacuV6; 31 October 2012, 23:04.
          Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
          AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

whoah!!!!

that @ 0:49 was pretty trick.....

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
              Does someone have any info of the button actioned clutch used in group b?
              It was an electromagnetic power actuator or was it hydraulic?
              What do you think about using it when downshifting with left foot on brake and right foot kept on accelerator?To obtain a sharp response when needed to slide the car or exit the corner.Sometimes you can change to correct gear before corner but most of time you can not get the correct gear for the most slower part of a corner(in advance and get left foot on brake never touching the clutch pedal) and that means time lost and fun too.I know this job will be done with a dogbox but it will not justify at hobby rallying.
              Regards,
              Bosch do one, it just a electric operated master cylinder I have a link somewhere I will have a look
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                Bosch do one, it just a electric operated master cylinder I have a link somewhere I will have a look
                No it was AP heres the link http://www.apracing.com/products/rac...on_system.aspx

I was thinking of using it on my SWB
                RS 2 580HP

Comment

that easy to fix...use the t-pipe in the brake servo asist..and a magnethydraulic valve...2 pc wire and a button...( hydraulid assist), then a one more hydraulic brake assist upside down to the clutchpedal...

Comment

@Caterpillar:Let me know if i got that right:take pressure line from hydraulic pump route it to a open/close valve then to a brake assist unit(the one holding brake pump)and that brake assist connected with a rod in parallel with clutch pedal.System will need pressure relief circuit(to servo fluid reservoir) when clutch is depressed.How fast is that servo working in both ways?I imagine more pressure/flow should get to brake assist that pushes the clutch to move faster and stronger because assist unit doing brake assist is not so fast/strong(car will brake on its own ).I know that line from hydraulic pump to brake assist unit has flow restriction(exit from pump has a banjo bolt with small passing).Also acumulator for pressure is used.Did you tried that system?Or know someone who did?

@Jade:Nice system.But seems not to be working in parallel with clutch pedal?Or both pumps will be used(something like hydraulic hand brake)?
                    It is "low air consumption"Where to get air pressure from?Boost?
                    Nice thing!

Thank you all for helping!!!!

Comment

i have not tryed this; but its easy, when you does have the servosteerpump( the double one) the rest are normaly hydraulic componets...( you does have over 83 bar pressure, but not very mutch oilfeed)

Comment

Did you seen s1 fia homologation papers?Maybe there the system is shown.
                        I have only a few pages from it and i only saw"steering and fuel pump belt driven"
                        Can you imagine another switch on the hand brake to push the clutch when hand braking,holding left foot on brake to mentain weight on front axle and right foot on gas to be ready to powerslide?
                        I sure need that system.That will be another car...
                        And PRJ flat shifting and voila:competitive car,or at least more fun to drive/see by spectators if competitive is dangerous for all car if rolling it
                        Last edited by pasbogdan; 1 November 2012, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
                          Can you imagine another switch on the hand brake to push the clutch when hand braking

Have you tried pulling your handbrake with the diffs locked?

Was there ever a system to allow the back wheels to lock alone even with centre diff locked?

Comment

I am not sure i understand how to lock rear only with center locked.Mechanical is impossible.What did you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                              Have you tried pulling your handbrake with the diffs locked?

Was there ever a system to allow the back wheels to lock alone even with centre diff locked?
                              You need to kick the clutch as you pull the handbrake, and then clutch up as the handbrake goes down and throttle to continue the slide.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                              X