A5 Quattro gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5 Quattro gearbox

I am building a SWB race car, I am thinking this could be good way to go...... If it handles the power 650 hp 700 nm + that's the worry

Lighter, moves the engine back 100 mm or more, does anyone have info on this or know of someone running high hp on this sort of set up
    RS 2 580HP

Its the 0B4 gearbox.
    Have a read here here

Think you will need to hack up the firewall and do something different with the steering rack to get it to fit
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm running a B7 RS4 V8 4.2 gearbox in the rally car. PM me if you need details. It does bolt to the 5 cylinder block but then you need some time to get the driveshafts gear linkage and mounts to all fit! Worth it in the end though.
      sigpic
      Pembo
      quattro - Original 4WD rallying
      Rally Car photos

Comment

did you use a normaly single mass flywheel and clutch?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Pembo View Post
          I'm running a B7 RS4 V8 4.2 gearbox in the rally car. PM me if you need details. It does bolt to the 5 cylinder block but then you need some time to get the driveshafts gear linkage and mounts to all fit! Worth it in the end though.
          Pembo thanks !

That is the easiest option and seems also to be a good one also saving 20 kg is and a smooth gear
          RS 2 580HP

Comment

Does the later V8 gearbox change smoother and quicker than an S2s gearbox?

Premsuabley they are stronger?

Do the ratios suit a S2 turbo engine ?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X