Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I need some help

Hi! I need some

I'm a new man in this forum, I live in Finland (we don't have polarbears in here!!!) and my english may be quite bad (sorry for that, but try to understand) I just bought s2 avant aby -93, and I want to get as much as possible information abaut my car...hmm no abaut my unicorn .
    I just love my "new" CAR!!! Now I finally have a CAR.

this is what i'm looking some help:
    I'm building with my friend s2 coupe quattro rally car and we think to change the trasmission 5speed to 6speed. can we do it? Does 6speed transmission fit to b3 engine strait or is it better just think about it?

THANKS!

The 6 speed 01E can fit the 3B no problem.

BUT for a rally car you will be better off with an 016 NON Torsen 5-speed from an old UR or 200T quattro. This gives a permanent 50:50 torque split and its a VERY strong 'box.

Paul

Welcome by the way.....
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

a 6 tranny will fit in the car yea' ,BUT the gearlinkage in the car are different... AND the flywheel may altso were different.....the 3b engine may have single mass flywheel, and there may have some trouble with the schafts too....you must have 2 stk right ones, and have to make a spacer to one of them....the left one?.....the early 6tranny have a WERY weak first gear.......use from diesel after 95.....the ratio gearcode stands between te upper boltsholes..... like AHA and some nr....i think its better have the same ratio front and back....yeas?

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        The 6 speed 01E can fit the 3B no problem.

BUT for a rally car you will be better off with an 016 NON Torsen 5-speed from an old UR or 200T quattro. This gives a permanent 50:50 torque split and its a VERY strong 'box.

Paul

Welcome by the way.....
        Thanks!!! You are right about that 50/50 torque spilt.

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar
          a 6 tranny will fit in the car yea' ,BUT the gearlinkage in the car are different... AND the flywheel may altso were different.....the 3b engine may have single mass flywheel, and there may have some trouble with the schafts too....you must have 2 stk right ones, and have to make a spacer to one of them....the left one?.....the early 6tranny have a WERY weak first gear.......use from diesel after 95.....the ratio gearcode stands between te upper boltsholes..... like AHA and some nr....i think its better have the same ratio front and back....yeas?
          Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X