Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pedal doesnt feel the same after new slave and master cylinder

(all on my urs4)
    just installed a new slave cylinder and master cylinder (since i experienced my pedal going to the floor while driving), after the install tonight I tried bleeding the clutch by pressing the pedal holding it and then opening the bleed screw, and after I also bleed fluid though the bleed screw up into the reservoir. My problem that I have is the pedal wont come up by its self, (sometimes will slightly), and i cant push the clutch down all the way, its short 3-4 inches before it would hit the floor, also seems not to been bled all the way,(if im bleeding it and i open the bleed screw it will go to the floor then, but if all lines are closed it wont), my concern is why it cant be pressed all the way to the floor, seems like something is stopping it. (i measured the master cylinder length to 109.5mm like in one of the posts as recommended.
    So before I break anything could anyone help me with this, anyone run into this problem? could it be with the slave install? (everything seemed to go smoothly) thanks in advance everyone

Try the following:

- put a long small hose on the bleeding nipple of the cylinder on the box
    - place a reservoir/can with brake fluid somewhere above the car's brake fluid reservoir
    - put the hose under the fluid level in the reservoir/can
    - open up the nipple
    - move the clutch pedal up and down by hand and keep the car's brake fluid reservoir topped up
    - you'll see bubbles appear in the reservoir/can with brake fluid
    - when the bubbles stop your clutch should be bled and work again

Well at least this worked for me.

Comment

Patrick is right, it probably just needs bleeding properly. Quite often you need to pressure bleed it, I wrote a guide here

Comment

Forgot to add:
        - tighten the nipple again and remove the hose

Comment

You may need the reverse bleeding method.I think you can get the small bottle/reservoir with hand pump.

I just bought with and going to try it on my car since i have done the general bleeding method and didn't work out on my car.

when my car is getting hot,the clutch is not fully disengaged.It'ss very hard to shift the reverse gear.I need to pumpthe clutch

pedal continuously for 5-10times and shifting the reverse.on the cold start in the morning,the shifting in all gears is just flawlessly.
          one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

i began to reverse bleed it last night, however I only did it for a few seconds, maybe there is air still trapped in there, i will drain the fluid from the brake reservoir today and reverse bleed it with the pressure tester, (hopefully there is just air still trapped in there)(weird how it moves 2-3in and then gets really tough and i cant press it the remaining 3-4in to reach the floor, feels like if i press it anymore that a seal will burst or something (hoping that this is just air in the system still)

Comment

moved
              Last edited by euro_urs4; 11 January 2013, 04:44. Reason: will post in previous topic to keep all together

Comment

Working...
              X