Clutch hydaulic system bleeding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch hydaulic system bleeding.

Where's the clutch system bleed nipple and what's the best place to get to it from (top or bottom)? (I understand it's on the top of the gearbox?) I'm getting the master cylinder done tonight so quick replies are a must!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

If its anything like the 20V ur-quattro, which it probably is, then you can get to it best from underneath. It is indeed on the top of the gearbox, found more by touch than being able to see the bloody thing. The bleed nipple towards the near-side of the car.

I had to be a bit of a contorsionist when I did mine and the use of a Gunson Easi-bleed helped a lot!

Comment

Do a forum search dude. There is a thread on this with photos a while back. Its a PITA to do so good luck!! Take some calming pills first and leave plenty of time to do it.
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Yeh definitely a pain in the *** to do!!!!

Access is a nightmare (and even worse if you have a 3B)

Best bet is to make sure steering is full right lock, undo the bolts that hold on the gear linkage arm then access is made easier, but its still a royal pain to actually do.

Good luck cos you'll have sore knuckles afterwards
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I sussed it by putting the car into 6th (IIRC) and a bowl under the car to catch the dribbles, then without disconecting anything, I drilled out a socket which then fits over the bleed nipple (1/4") drive with a 40mm extension bar and a 1/4 ratchet fit on a1. Then using an eazibleed kit blow the oil and air through, takes about 10 minutes to bleed, 10 minutes to set up.
          HTH
          Graham
          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

All done. Took 4 hours. Not too bad for a first time IMHO! WIll post a more detailed story later for my own therapy rather than anyone elses interest!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
            X