No announcement yet.

RS2 Clutch kit in UrS4 - Spacer Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Clutch kit in UrS4 - Spacer Needed?

I am hoping to change my clutch in the next few weeks. (01E 6-Speed)

Looking at ordering Sachs OEM RS2 Kit - 3000 951 729

I have searched and found conflicting answers as to weather I will need to install the spacer used on the RS2 between gearbox and engine (01E 103 551) to accommodate the larger PP.

does anyone know this for sure?

thanks

You gonna go stock flywheel or going single mass?If you going single mass I have an answer for you

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
      You gonna go stock flywheel or going single mass?If you going single mass I have an answer for you
      Plan was to keep the dual mass unless it's in really bad shape. cheers

Comment

The spacer is relevant to the thickness of the dual mass flywheel. The later aan engines came with a thinner one than the adu/aby ones. This is why they run the spacer.

I'm not sure whether the clutches are interchangeable between the flywheels though.
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

yes, you need the spacer if you are using the ABY/ADU flywheel.

Comment

thanks

Will probably end up just going for the OEM Sachs for the S4 AAN. Am not looking for a hugely powerful setup.

Wonder how the OEM Sachs S4 PP together with the RS2 OEM disk would do.

Comment

Originally posted by alexqts View Post
              thanks

Will probably end up just going for the OEM Sachs for the S4 AAN. Am not looking for a hugely powerful setup.

Wonder how the OEM Sachs S4 PP together with the RS2 OEM disk would do.
              You cant mix and match pressure plate and disks, the AAN disk is no the same as the
              ABY/ ADU (RS2) disk. You need the AAN disk and pressure plate if it is going
              on an AAN stock flywheel.

Comment

might sound daft but is an rs2 clutch actually any better than an aby/aan?seem to remember reading somewhere they weren't

Comment

OEM Sachs S4 it is then, looking for around chipped RS2 spec, but don't really launch hard, and have heard of people running up to ~400hp (I forgot stated tq values) with no problems.

cheers, still learning about clutches and the like!

Comment

yes, an RS2 is just an ABY clutch

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                      might sound daft but is an rs2 clutch actually any better than an aby/aan?seem to remember reading somewhere they weren't
                      just checked the Sachs online catalogue and the RS2 clutch kit has the same part number as the S2! The S4 must have another P/N due to the flywheel being different.

Comment

If your flywheel is not in good cond it is gonna be very expensive to buy a new one.I changed mine for a single mass with a sachs(SRE) 07presure plate and a rs4 sprung disk, after my South Bend Stage 4 failed,presure plate was to weak disk was ok.

Comment

You can't use an ABY/ADU clutch with AAN flywheel.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
                            If your flywheel is not in good cond it is gonna be very expensive to buy a new one.I changed mine for a single mass with a sachs(SRE) 07presure plate and a rs4 sprung disk, after my South Bend Stage 4 failed,presure plate was to weak disk was ok.
                            going to pull the engine this week, if the DM is shot I will go SM and use a 7A style setup

Comment

I would go single mass if I was you ,you don t want to take the gearbox again if the old flywheel fails,+ it is a upgrade, going bigger power in the future and you not gonna be worried about clutch failure for a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X