Gearbox Bush Overhaul on RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Bush Overhaul on RS2

Apologies if this sounds a bit basic but has anyone had experience of refreshing the bushes in the gearbox of an RS2?

My gearbox needs a little TLC (a new lock ring for starters) but as I'm taking it for its MOT in a few weeks I thought I might take my mate's advice and get the gearbox bushes replaced (the car has covered 157k miles)

The questions are: (a) what bushes to use (b) where to buy them and (c) how big a job is this (in terms of labour)?

Ta

Its a really easy job to do, after removeing the two bush heatshields underneath, you can easily remove the single bolt on each bush that ties down the box through the bush. Then lift (jack up) the gearbox a fraction and remove the two small nuts and bolts holding each bush onto the subframe and remove and replace. By no means more than 30 minute job, especially on a 4 post lift.
    I would just go for OEM bushes, 034 to high density versions, but only any good if your very performance driven. You will need 6 speed specific bushes (although i have 5 speed mounts on a 6 speed car with no issues)
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

re

Nice one, booked in for its MOT in a couple of weeks time so will hopefully get it done then and report back on how it feels...you can't beat a fresh bush!!

Comment

Working...
      X